Ft Collins Comp dis weekizzle

Discussion in 'Mountain States' started by WhiteRavenKS, Jul 21, 2004.

1. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

this weekend, it will be at horsetooth. looking like saturday- like to get started around noon-ish. i have some prizes i own some people. i hope more than three of you show to this one. lets shoot for five+ this time. graham knows the spot, hopefully he will see that and toss up some directions for me. sport through pro like the boulder event, pro should be hard. sport should be tough stuff. any springs guys able to make it? any denver/boulder folks? if you are in ft fun and arent there you better be at work or making crazy whoopie or something...

hope to see you there, any questions call me. 303-870-4891.

2. Elan

Elan steve french

is it the spot under the damn? (yes, i spelled it DAMN)

i will be dere!!! fo sHO

3. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

i will be there and I am bringing mario and pierre with me.

4. evan

evan Guest

If I don't go to Pueblo I'll be there.

5. Pancho

Pancho New Member

Whats in the middle of Texas?

An X. and me this weekend.

6. Faction Bike

Faction Bike Guest

Directions to comp site:

Take I-25 north to the prospect exit aka the second FTC freeway exit. Get off the freeway at the prospect exit and head west on Prospect rd. toward the mountains. You will drive on Prospect until you get to the base of the Foothills and a road called Overland Trail. Take a left on overland trail and head south. You will drive approximately 3/4 of a mile, seeing the stadium on your right and a drive in theater on your left. Across the street from the theater you will see county road 42C, take a right on this road. Anyway, 42C goes up into the hill and wraps around and over the damn above the stadium. Before crossing the dam, the road changes names to county road 23, don't worry about this, just keep trucking. Keep driving about 2 miles past the dam and you will see the comp site on the right hand side of the road. There is parking about 300 yards down the road from the comp site. If you've reached a second dam, damn you and turn around. I've thrown up a map to help. Follow the trail of red and your in the clear. Hope to see you all there. Later.

[​IMG]

7. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

I was just wondering is this comp going to have water hazards?

8. WhiteRavenKS

i wouldnt count on there being water action.

9. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

i live in massachusetts..

10. RobbieP

RobbieP OTN FOR A THOUSAND MORE YEARS I SAY

I have a broken derailleur hanger and I have work.. :(

11. AndyT

AndyT New Member

It will be muddy, but once the sun hits...its going to be beautiful as long as its in the right place- I don't know where you are holding it.

ok just looked at teh map

yeah thats not the good place.

12. WhiteRavenKS

expert 20- mike clark
    expert 26- andy m

sport 20- mario C.
    sport 26- Pierre

participation went up 33% for this event!!!! hooray guyz!

on a serious side note- big thanks to martin for coming out and helping us out with the "event" and for just being a cool guy. i hope he digs the schools he sees and comes out here in a little while for his higher edumacation. thanks martin!

13. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

that spot was really fun I would like to see what other riding ft collins has to offer without liken

14. Elan

Elan steve french

lichen? the spot below the dam is my favorite so far. pure awesomeness. we should have a groop ride there

15. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

My weekend in Whistler fell apart. Looks like I'll be heading back that way. I'll see if I can get a hall pass for the comp and try to be there. Kevin, put me down as tentative, and I'll see what i can do.

Taylor

16. WhiteRavenKS

it was last weekend taylor- the 24th. next comp is the nats in co springs. go to that one.