FS Indy Nine Wheelset..brand new never mounted!!

Discussion in 'For Sale / Want to Buy' started by Konspec, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Konspec

Konspec New Member

I'm new to this forum but, have accounts with Pinkbike, Ridemonkey, and MTBR. I've had these posted for a couple weeks but, I'm thinking they were posted in the wrong place. I know you guys can appreciate this sick wheelset. Wish I could have finished building my dream trials bike but, I have too many toys and my house needs some work.

The spokes are industry Nines Freeride spokes, the wheelset weighs in at 1550 grams. This is a brand new, never mounted wheelset. The disk and Cog are not included. I've had friends that are seriously hard on bikes, riding Industry Nines for years with maybe 1 truing a year! These are amazing wheels with 3degree engagement, someone enjoy these! BIG PRICE DROP 800!!! NEED THESE GONE I paid 1100.00 plus shipping, this is truly a rare deal.

Product description:

Industry Nine Single Speed hubs

For those of you that would like the durability, and the ultimate in axle convertibility without a proprietary spoke system, the SS hub is for you. I9 tried a lot of different bearings to find something that will hold up to a variety of situations, finally deciding on ABEC 5 grade Japanese bearings due to their superior seals and durability. The Industry Nine drive mechanism is a tried-and-true pawl arrangement. When engaged, each of the three driving pawls itself has three points, providing nine points of contact to the hardened A2 drive ring. The drive ring has 60 teeth, which would normally allow a 6-degree engagement – among the fastest in the industry. This proprietary mechanism allows for a second set of three pawls, phased three degrees from the first, this cuts the engagement time in half, to a mind-blowing three degrees! In addition the hub shell is wider than a standard hub for nearly a zero-dish build.

* AL-7075 hub shells
    * Wider hub flange than standard hubs for nearly zero-dish wheel builds
    * Japanese ABEC-5 bearings
    * 3 degree engagement
    * Use two sets of three pawls, each with three engagement points
    * 6-bolt rotor flange

* TrialTech Sport Rims

Description
    - 24" trials specific rim from Trialtech.
    - Double wall construction for increased strength and stiffness.
    - Un-eyeletted construction saves over 50g when compared with eyeletted rims.
    - 20mm holes drilled in the rim help to reduce weight.
    - High quality aluminium offers improved braking performance compared to most other rims.
    - 38mm wide profile gives good anti-roll performance even at low tyre pressures.
    - Black anodised finish with laser etched Trialtech logos.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. netto

netto New Member

how much for just rear wheel?

3. the nuge5

the nuge5 Rob

holly shit you can get a new bike for that much

4. the nuge5

the nuge5 Rob

...why would you even buy a 1100$ wheel?

5. eaterofdog

eaterofdog Two dollars... cash

Dunno if you've seen these before but they have aluminum spokes and no nipples, the spoke screws into the hub.

6. Konspec

Konspec New Member

...as in the description it's a wheelset, so front and rear.

....I have no idea why I spent so much on wheels but, it's probably becuase these things are amazing. 3degree engagement is something no other manufacture comes close to. Plus after I saw how indestructible my friends set was I had to have them.

...not interested in selling the wheels separately..they come in a pair.
    So, I've come to grips I'm going to get hosed on these so....700!! These are truly a ridiculously amazing wheelset

7. Ramrod

Ramrod My body is ready.

Those wheels cost more than my complete bike :momaru:

8. the nuge5

the nuge5 Rob

more than 4times what i spent on my bike

9. Echo 108 fw has 3.333*... But I don't know if that counts.

Just saying.

10. eaterofdog

eaterofdog Two dollars... cash

But will it last for trials? Trials is brutal on freewheels.

11. BrettM

BrettM New Member

Almost no trials rider will buy those hubs, and almost no mtb rider will buy those rims. Gonna have to part and take the hit.

Engagement isn't the most important thing to the trials crew. In fact some say slightly less is better. Light weight and reliable are more important too most.

12. lamard

lamard o g triple o g

than you have a turbo shitty bike, or it's stolen...

13. Konspec

Konspec New Member

I know these are ridiculously strong since I've seen these wheels take 2 yrs of absolute abuse from a friend of mine and needed trued twice. I understand it's all personal preference some people like a quick engagement some don't. Either way it's not like these are junk wheels, I bought the best available. I probably shouldn't have spent so much, lesson learned. I'm open to offers

14. the nuge5

the nuge5 Rob

well its a older monty, i dont have a job right now so its all that i could afford :sadwavey::sadwavey::sadwavey:

15. Konspec

Konspec New Member

here's another quote from their website for some of you that are not so familiar.
    Worried about the strength with such a tight engagement. They withstand 700ft lbs of torque. Your legs would explode well be for you reach that limit.
    Precision Integration
    Our spoke design allows us to eliminate the J-bend and the spoke/nipple interface. Instead our spokes thread directly into the hub shell with a larger diameter thread than the main spoke body, eliminating weakness at the thread. This allowed us to increase the surface contact area by more than 200% over a standard 14g spoke and nipple combination. We also applied this same theory to our one-piece axle assemblies, less interfaces means more durable parts. Another notable feature concerning precision is our engagement mechanisms. Our patent pending mechanism offers a 3-degree engagement, far less drag than the competition and the ability to withstand over 700 ft lbs of torque! If you need a drive mechanism for your new Formula One car, look us up!

open to offers...someone has to enjoy these.

16. Tsupi

Tsupi New Member

I say keep them! Even in auction you will get hosed, or start hitting your LBS and you might get a taker who knows. But anyway you look at it you wont get your moneys worth.

17. Konspec

Konspec New Member

well I'll sell them for 550shipped... not looking to get much of my money back from them but, again have no need at all for 24inch wheels now.

18. 7185

7185 Guest

19. meathooker

meathooker New Member

damn that is cheap for these wheels.

2 summers ago i bought 2 sets of these wheels; one for my DH bike and one for my 4x bikes. they are amazing hubs! the guys at I9 will warranty the hub as well even if used for trials.

bump for a smoking deal

20. AlexC

AlexC New Member

amazing hubs for DH doesn't mean amazing for trials. selling the rims separate from the hubs may help things