FS: Echo Stock Bike Chris King Thomson

Discussion in 'For Sale / Want to Buy' started by mtnbikeman123, Apr 9, 2004.

1. mtnbikeman123

mtnbikeman123 Guest

I am not really into trials anymore cause all my friends stopped so I've decided to sell my bike.
    I rode it for about 6 months a couple days a week and the rest of the time its just been sitting around. I never did extreme drops or anything, just tight technical stuff so the frame does not have ANY cracks.
    It does have a lot of scratches but other wise its in great condition.
    It has Chris King/Mavic D521 Ceramic/DT 2.0 handbuilt by my local bike shop. Only ever got it trued once; its a VERY nice wheel. King Headset, Shimano XT crank and BB, XTR F+R brakes, Azonic Handlebar, Thomson stem, Shimano Carbon Brake booster in Rear, Specialized front wheel, LX shifter, suntour Rear Der.
    The only things that are worn are the grips, and tires; the front tire is almost a slick but rear tire has some tread left. I can get new grips if desired and even front tire if needed. The R Der Housing loop has a piece of outer case broken off but works fine. The ferrules in the brake levers are a bit worn but the brakes still feel AWESOME. I guess i could get the ferrules and der. loop replaced if needed.
    Bike is in EXCELLENT mechanical condition and it just recieved a tune up from my local Bike shop.

With this bike you will recieve a used but almost new condition shortcage XTR derailler which was never on the bike, a titec 118g Ti crosscountry handle bar, and an XTR front derailler which is also used but almost new. These are just extra parts that i have no use for.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Please feel free to IM me or email me at [email protected] for an questions.

I am asking $650 which, with those extra parts, I think is a very fair deal.
    -Ben Thistle

2. Sethbomb

Sethbomb New Member

WoW, that bike brings back memories, that was my first trials specific frame. I think I was the first person in CO to own an Echo.
    Fun bike and great price for a beginner

3. crashnscar

crashnscar Guest

Would you mind taking some measurements for me? If a different guy falls through and I like the geometry, then I'll buy it.

Headtube angle (*)
    TT length (inches)
    BB height (from ground in inches)
    Chainstay length (inches)

Thanks

4. mtnbikeman123

mtnbikeman123 Guest

the frame is an ES2 i think you may be able to find the specs online but i will try to get the measurements anyway
    -Ben

5. mtnbikeman123

mtnbikeman123 Guest

6. crashnscar

crashnscar Guest

Ok.... thanks.

Does it feel a little small for you? and how tall are you?
    Where do you live?

Thanks

7. mtnbikeman123

mtnbikeman123 Guest

I am 6'1" and IMO the bike fits me perfectly my friend rode the exact same frame for a while and he liked it a lot; he's 5'10"
    I am in Massachusetts.
    -Ben

8. Solid

Solid New Member

you arent going to part it out are you? If so I would like the rear wheel

9. mtnbikeman123

mtnbikeman123 Guest

Ive had a couple requests for the rear wheel but I would rather sell the complete bike. If worst comes to worst, I will part it out but hopefully I wont have to.
    -Ben

10. crashnscar

crashnscar Guest

Ill buy the headset

11. mtnbikeman123

mtnbikeman123 Guest

bike is not for sale anymore