Friday Night Austin Ride, 9/17 - 6pm

Discussion in 'South/South West, USA' started by trialsian, Sep 15, 2004.

1. trialsian

trialsian Guest

Let's ride this Friday evening after work... around 6pm. The place is up for debate, although Zilker Park is out because of the ACL concerts. We could go to Campbell's hole (via Chris's?), auditorium shores, or to a school that's pretty good in the Travis Heights area. Who's in?

Ian
    577-5205

2. Gaps720

Gaps720 Guest

i'm in... lemme know the location though cus i am not too familiar with austin yet. i vote for campbell's hole... it's great. later -dustin

3. David Weyman

David Weyman It's always 4:20 in Austin!

Hey I'd love to come ride Fri. nite. I think the hole is gonna be 2 hot after soakin up sun all day though....lets go urban/natural and meet at that school in Travis Heights or the auditorium Shores gig, that's a great place to learn moves, hell, lets ride both!! I haven't ridden since that last group ride, I'll be fresh.

Dave

4. [BMF] Chris

[BMF] Chris GTA MUTHER FUCKER!

im thinking of doing to devils den, so id leave friday afternoon, sorry dudes, and fuck this cambel dude, were calling it chris' hole from now on, so we can make jokes like, i rode my koxx all day in chris' hole, all agree?

5. trialsian

trialsian Guest

Chris' hole it is... I won't call it anything else. Then if I have an accident... I can say something like, "I broke my hand in Chris' hole." Sorry, you won't be there this weekend. We'll catch you next week.

6. Gaps720

Gaps720 Guest

so, school and shores? also, anybody got a tool to tighten up a freewheel? thanks

7. David Weyman

Usually you need a tool to get one off....Sorry Dustin. C-ya in Austin

8. [BMF] Chris

i havent decided if im going yet, theres a party friday night i wanna hit, plus i gotta paper to write, what do you guys think i should do?

9. Gaps720

Gaps720 Guest

well my friend has the tool to get it off, but i don't have the one tool to tighten it... arg this sucks. it gets all wobbly and really noisy, piece of crap.

10. [BMF] Chris

go to a bike shop, and be like "can i see your freewheel tightener" and if they give you crap, be like, do you know who i am, and once they say no, say, figures, and walk out, then go back i and be like, im really to get rapped for a job that will take 5 seconds, the service will probably cost more than the freaking tool.

11. David Weyman

I think you might need a new freewheel, I owned a bike shop for 4 years and never heard of a freewheel getting loose. It might be falling apart though....

Just a guess.

Chris, I dunno about that call. I wanted to go to Ark. but didn't know 'till too late.
    Will they have Pro action or will you get girlie action stayin' in Austin?

Where are we meeting Fri?

dave

12. trialsian

trialsian Guest

Let's plan on Auditorium shores at 6pm... then to the school later if things get slow. Chris... I don't know, I never went away on weekends when I paper was due (and still don't... I'm a nerd like that), but I've never been to a trials comp either. Wouldn't want to do the drive by myself... but you already know how extreme us Austin riders are... that might be reason enough to make the drive. I'm sounding schizo... do whatever you like... any of the Dallas gang going?

13. [BMF] Chris

ill be the only person over expert there, the 2nd closest would be stan, and yea, girlies are gooooooooooood

14. David Weyman

But Stan is the best Sport rider in the country.

15. [BMF] Chris

yea, and if he ever beats me ill call the INS on his ass, hahahahahaha

16. Gaps720

Gaps720 Guest

i think the freewheel i have on there right now is an ACS Claws... should i just get another one of those? i think they are cheap... how many teeth should i go for?

17. David Weyman

I dunno your set up...do you have a front or rear freewheel? I only know the White Industries "Eno" freewheel engages the quickest. But is $$

18. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

You like girls? :eek3:

19. Gaps720

Gaps720 Guest

yeah, its a front freewheel setup.

20. Gaps720

Gaps720 Guest

don't worry about it.. i think i fixed it, for now...