Friday, March 12th, Purgatory? Lake Grapevine?

Discussion in 'South/South West, USA' started by Sonic, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Sonic

Sonic Plaid, I have not gone.

My wife will be out of town, I will have had two graduate mid-terms that Thursday, and Ill want to ride!

Im VERY interested in Purgatory, that place was just mindblowing. I couldnt believe it. But if someone is able to ride but not there Ill be more than happy to go elsewhere.

2. kamil

kamil Guest

i think i am in... not 100% sure, friday or staurday, i'm more of a saturday ride kinda guy, but i can try for friday :)

3. Sonic

Do I have to coherse people out there?

I think Ill go by and pick up some more of those Dublin Dr. Peppers to bring up again, should have done that this last weekend.

4. Edge

Edge New Member

I can do the lake Friday after work around 5. I wouldn't hit purgatory until the weekend.

5. Sonic

I wondered if it would be risky riding there during the work week, that's too bad.

Well, I can make it out to the lake too I guess, what would you think of Brookhaven? I havent been out there in ages it feels like. Plus Ive never seen any photos from Brookhaven, Id like to get some of that spot.

6. Sethbomb

Sethbomb New Member

I'm with Jeff, lets go to the lake and wait to go to Purg. on a day whe we're sure no one is there

7. Sonic

Lake it is, and Ill have the FSA's with me.

8. seandom

seandom New Member

if i get a new bb by then, i'll try to be there.

9. Sonic

Really?! Youre willing to drive that far down? That's awesome. I guess it's only about 2.5 hours for you, only an hour more than me. Cool, cool.

10. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

i wanna come again......... :down:

11. kamil

kamil Guest

i think i am retarded.. cause i just read all the posts and was confused as to where the ride was... i think i got it figured out, friday 5ish @ grapevine... right... i've been riding lots, i just got back from riding @ brookhaven, i kinda got jap-slaps/touch-hops/frontwheel-taps/McGuiver-ups/whatever-the-hell-you-wanna-call-em figured, i was doing them on some rocks earlier (consistantly). i guess around 30 - 33 inches.

12. uownme

quick doing new shit kamil :bigthumb:

Are you going to goto Austin for that ride?

13. Sonic

Working on the gizzaps, I have to hit one of those 3 gaps out at the lake Sean and I were working on for a while.

From the grass on the other side of the sidewalk
    [​IMG]

14. kamil

kamil Guest

austin... i would want to, but i think that is finals week, god i hat finals. in fact, finals are gay, i'll have to check my exam schedule, i could always try to make one of the dates, i'll have to look at my exam schedule

finals are teh gay!
    finals are the gay!
    gay gay!!!! GAY!!! i hate finals more than anything...

15. CoppellStereo

CoppellStereo Ruff Rider

i can go sat, i cant friday since i have a test a 1:50, but if Kamil, or Dustin or anyone wants to ride sat, im down.

16. Sonic

I cant go Saturday Steven. :(

I marked Purgatory and Grapevine Lake in my mapping program and decided to cruise the areas for more possible areas, it's always hard to tell if anything is a rock or dirt, but I think I found one spot, but it's most likely a big dirt pile from building the stadium near it, but who knows, it might be where they got the big rocks for Purgatory from, see image:
    [​IMG]

Here are images of Purgatory and Grapevine Lake's shore:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I cant wait to ride! :eek3danc: But like Kamil said, tests suck, I have two midterms to go before riding. :rant2:

17. uownme

biketrials rule #1: Biketrials comes before school. haha

So everyone skip anything they have to do that weekend and goto Austin.

Damn I hope my parents will let me go..lol

18. Sonic

Yay, the weather comes through again. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

If it looks like rain is iminent around noon Im not even going to drive up.

19. Sonic

Oh my gosh, the rain is now forecasted to start at 11am this morning and go straight until 10am Sunday morning. 2 days of straight rain, crap crap. Anyone mind if I complain? :p