Observed Trials banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Plaid, I have not gone.
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife will be out of town, I will have had two graduate mid-terms that Thursday, and Ill want to ride!

Im VERY interested in Purgatory, that place was just mindblowing. I couldnt believe it. But if someone is able to ride but not there Ill be more than happy to go elsewhere.

·
Registered
189 Posts
i think i am in... not 100% sure, friday or staurday, i'm more of a saturday ride kinda guy, but i can try for friday :)

·
Plaid, I have not gone.
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do I have to coherse people out there?

I think Ill go by and pick up some more of those Dublin Dr. Peppers to bring up again, should have done that this last weekend.

·
Premium Member
2,278 Posts
I can do the lake Friday after work around 5. I wouldn't hit purgatory until the weekend.

·
Plaid, I have not gone.
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wondered if it would be risky riding there during the work week, that's too bad.

Well, I can make it out to the lake too I guess, what would you think of Brookhaven? I havent been out there in ages it feels like. Plus Ive never seen any photos from Brookhaven, Id like to get some of that spot.

·
Plaid, I have not gone.
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
seandom said:
if i get a new bb by then, i'll try to be there.
Really?! Youre willing to drive that far down? That's awesome. I guess it's only about 2.5 hours for you, only an hour more than me. Cool, cool.

·
Registered
189 Posts
i think i am retarded.. cause i just read all the posts and was confused as to where the ride was... i think i got it figured out, friday 5ish @ grapevine... right... i've been riding lots, i just got back from riding @ brookhaven, i kinda got jap-slaps/touch-hops/frontwheel-taps/McGuiver-ups/whatever-the-hell-you-wanna-call-em figured, i was doing them on some rocks earlier (consistantly). i guess around 30 - 33 inches.

·
Plaid, I have not gone.
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Working on the gizzaps, I have to hit one of those 3 gaps out at the lake Sean and I were working on for a while.

From the grass on the other side of the sidewalk

·
Registered
189 Posts
austin... i would want to, but i think that is finals week, god i hat finals. in fact, finals are gay, i'll have to check my exam schedule, i could always try to make one of the dates, i'll have to look at my exam schedule

finals are teh gay!
finals are the gay!
gay gay!!!! GAY!!! i hate finals more than anything...

·
Ruff Rider
2,781 Posts
i can go sat, i cant friday since i have a test a 1:50, but if Kamil, or Dustin or anyone wants to ride sat, im down.

·
Plaid, I have not gone.
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I cant go Saturday Steven. :(

I marked Purgatory and Grapevine Lake in my mapping program and decided to cruise the areas for more possible areas, it's always hard to tell if anything is a rock or dirt, but I think I found one spot, but it's most likely a big dirt pile from building the stadium near it, but who knows, it might be where they got the big rocks for Purgatory from, see image:

Here are images of Purgatory and Grapevine Lake's shore:

I cant wait to ride! :eek3danc: But like Kamil said, tests suck, I have two midterms to go before riding. :rant2:

·
get high and eat her
1,585 Posts
biketrials rule #1: Biketrials comes before school. haha

So everyone skip anything they have to do that weekend and goto Austin.

Damn I hope my parents will let me go..lol

·
Plaid, I have not gone.
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yay, the weather comes through again. :rolleyes:

If it looks like rain is iminent around noon Im not even going to drive up.

·
Plaid, I have not gone.
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh my gosh, the rain is now forecasted to start at 11am this morning and go straight until 10am Sunday morning. 2 days of straight rain, crap crap. Anyone mind if I complain? :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts