freewheel engagement point question

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by DaneBrammage, Jul 29, 2004.

1. DaneBrammage

DaneBrammage Guest

if you turn the freewheel around 360 degrees, the number of ratchet points -or- clicks tells you how many engagement points you have, OBVIOUSLY, right?? I cant believe Tim at trialsin sent me a white industries freewheel and it only has 36 points and not the 72 as advertised. My old freewheel is totally torn apart and ragged from trying to get it off. Tim is leaving town and now i'm fucked. man what a stupid hassle this is...

2. Tanner

Tanner New Member

Uhh, did you get the ENO trials or the regular ENO...?

3. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

he probably got the regular eno. unless you paid 100 US plus dollars i think? Not sure exactly how much it is.

Well, anyways, you get the regular ENO freewheel, which does have 36 engagements on it.

4. Elan

Elan steve french

acs are the euro secret.

5. Shipley

Shipley ..........

Sounds like a mixup with the standard ENO.. maybe Tim had one that got mixed in either in his shipment and didn't notice or maybe it was just in his shop a little too close to the Trials version.. I'm sure he'll help you out when he gets back.

Sucks in the mean time though.. sorry man.

6. Elan

Elan steve french

o:

standard WI FW: red/blue "seals"
    WI trials FW: green "seals" or whatever.... the color of the sdes.

7. DaneBrammage

DaneBrammage Guest

my seals are green. it clicks 36 times when turning it 360 degrees. ALSO i just dug out my invoice from the trash can, and, sure enough I was charged $95 + $5 shipping == 72pt freewheel. The 36pt eno costs less than that.
    So i figure i was charged for what i ordered but i got a 36 pt.

it was the combination of having the tabs ground off the old freewheel, plus now this, that put me in a rage. my old freewheel is sitting in pieces, looking like a terrorist attacked it, and tim is leaving tomorrow until monday. i've had better bike trials days than this.

8. Tanner

Tanner New Member

wait! aren't the pawls offset so you really get 72 points...?

9. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

yeah. oh my goshers! why with the right stuff you could practically make a 72 point acs in your car hole... (there are some other things different about the trials one, driver shell, pawls, etc.)

10. manimal

manimal New Member

so would you notice the offset pawls? or would it seem like just a regular ENO? I'm kinda confused by the whole offset deal..

11. pav

pav New Member

How could you count 72 engagments?

I have tried to count my king and with all the click and also becuase they are silent it is way too hard to count. Myabe its the same with the Freewheel and as others have said the engagments are staggered too. If you open up your freewheel, count the teeth then double it and use that way to check properly.

pav

12. digby

digby New Member

you dont have to ask, tim is usually cool enough that he'd just send you a new one out if he sent you the wrong thing.

13. DaneBrammage

DaneBrammage Guest

Tim let me know what happened.

It was a white industries mistake in packaging. He regrets the trouble and is sending a new one.

Tim also reminded me of something: I did a deal with someone in Canada a few months ago who sells Echo (he gets via Tim), and because of a glitch, I called Tim at that time and leaned on his good will, and Tim extended it. Not only that, but he reminded me of another thing about that deal that is really TOO large of a gesture and too remarkable for me to mention. Lets just say that I'm 100% embarassed at myself right now. I'm more than embarassed.. I'm rather humiliated in the face of what Tim reminded me of.

Case closed !