Freehub problem?? help

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by stocktrials, Apr 8, 2004.

1. stocktrials

stocktrials Mitch.

Hey all

When I repeatedly do sharp, short kicks on the pedal forward by hand, every now and then it will like miss the same engagement point and go past it.. does this make sense? Hard to explain, I'm not sure what the problem is. Would it be the hub? it's a King, about a year old now and I have never touched the insides except to tighten the cones.

Not sure if this would affect anything but I bent my hanger (not sure bout derailleur) the other day.. bent it back and it works. Cassette, hub, chainring, bash, cranks are all tightened properly.

Hope someone can help!! THANKS

2. Elan

Elan steve french

sounds like youve got som stiction or a little wear...king charges like $25 for a hub service..i suggest yo usend it in...hopefully ain nothin breaked!!

3. brisa

brisa New Member

I dont want to insult your intelligence but check your chain for stiff or broken links, if it does it every 2 or three pedal strokes (the amount of time for chain to get right round) then its most likely your chain.

4. Elan

Elan steve french

ah, good idea that.

5. alexm

alexm Member

its not the chain its in different spots every time

joel reckons its the hub wear n just to open it up, clean with WD40 then toothbrush it then Tri-Flow it?? how do i open it and what do i do? Do i need any special tools?? thanks in advance

Mitch

6. ty

ty Guest

there was a thread about how to service a king hub and it went step-by-step through the process, do a search for it

7. sebLG

sebLG New Member

to open it you undo the hex bits and then undo the cone and then pull it out me thinks. neway i think that its a good idea to do the cleaning thing.