Free FedEx shipping to US/Canada

Discussion in 'Sponsor Advertisements' started by thetart20, Nov 27, 2015.

1. thetart20

thetart20 TartyBikes

Fairly self explanatory - we're offering free FedEx shipping to the U.S. and Canada on all parts and accessories orders over £150 this weekend.

Simply select the Free shipping option at the checkout and we'll do the rest :)

[​IMG]

2. saltine

saltine New Member

Any chance I can get a refund on my Console's shipping cost instead? :naughty:

3. Sam.S

Sam.S Active Member

I know you have no control over this but the biggest issue ordering overseas has been the import duties.

Sometimes it is downright ridiculous.

But good offer indeed! Will order from you soon.

4. RobbyBobby

RobbyBobby Active Member

Just when i literally need... nothing.

5. Mark W

Mark W cleanzine.co.uk

Sam - yeah, that is the killer unfortunately. I know there are some outlets out there who'll write pretty much whatever you want on customs forms but because we're a legit shop we can't really play fast and loose like that. US customs are fucking brutal too - just to get a T-shirt to clear customs we have to specify the gender, material, what it's purpose is, where it was made, etc. There was a fairly inexplicable issue with an order we sent out to America a few days ago which had a complete bike on it - they didn't really give a shit about the $3000 bike, but did want to know absolutely everything about the free T-shirt he got with it. Our system automatically populates the customs field with that kind of info but didn't on that one T-shirt on that one order, and they got pretty stressy about it even though it was listed as a T-shirt with pretty much no value.

Bought a Hex yet? ;)

6. Swoofty

Swoofty Member

There's all kinds of nasty buggies that can live in cotton and the US still grows a large portion of organic cotton. Seems a bit extreme for one Tshirt, but it's only paperwork. I've seen them burn whole containers that come from SE Asia that are contaminated to the port of Long Beach.

7. Mark W

Mark W cleanzine.co.uk

Ah, cool - didn't realise that. They seemed to imply there's different tariffs on whether it's male or female too, and a whole bunch of other stuff - didn't realise it was also due to that.

I hear that large hole in the 'tail' of the GU frames can also be used for a similar purpose.

8. AndyT

AndyT New Member

That thing needs to be twice as wide to accommodate my American size