Observed Trials banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Who wants an old school geo beater? Built this up 7 years ago as a re-entry into trials. Rode it around for 30 minutes and then decided it isn't for me anymore. It's been collecting dust since. It spent the last two years underneath a patio overhang, so it's gotten hit with rain (see the cheap bolts showing corrosion). It'll need some love before being ridden (and pedals).

The rear triangle had to have some metal hacked out for tire clearance by the PO or god knows who. I never had the original chain tensioner system and Frank doesn't have anything so you have to get creative as there is no derailleur hang. The Rennen tensioner is just tightened with the axle bolt and seems to work okay for goofing around but the chain line kinda sucks. I'd replace the fork before doing any serious moves as the steerer is pretty short. Brakes need dialing in and lubrication.

FTW / Sinister WTF frame
Cannondale P-bone fork
King headset
Echo hubs / trial tech rims (ground)
Tensile cranks w/ WI trials FW
Avid single digit 7 brakes
Avid levers
Odyssey cables
half link chain
TNN pads (LGM I think)
trial tech stem/bar
Conti tires
fat esi grips

Ideally this would go to a newbie or your friend who is just getting into trials. With that in mind I really don't know how to price this, so how about $150 + shipping?

edit: Forgot to mention the V-brake adapters on the frame. Can't recall the brand but they have an 'h' written on them and they're CNC. It's HS-33 mount originally. The steerer has 3cm left above the headset.

·
Richard
2,184 Posts
HHS IS STILL ALIVE.

Dude you should just keep that. I'd love to have it but it wouldn't get ridden.

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pics of the tire clearance hole:

PO build:

My build:

v-brake adapters/pads:

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some pics of how I had the rear wheel / tensioner set up. The snail cams are just ghetto axle spacers, they don't actually tension anything.

·
tda
1,423 Posts
Just missed it, but very glad it is going to a new rider !!

I just ordered a headset for my ftw... gonna build it up for trail clearing helper. Thanks for inspiring some love back into the greatest bike anybody errr seen

·
tda
1,423 Posts
Let’s make this s FTW viris appreciation thread !!

I jist got my fsa pig headset. I believe I am going to take the arcade fork and thru axle hope4 wheel and put it on the ftw, which will shorted the wheelbase a tiny bit. Put 5 gears on it? what kind of bar set up is the question...

Hex will loose like 3 pounds in the front wheel, I have a brand new inspired fork just waiting to go on

1 - 9 of 9 Posts