Four Bolt ISIS Cranks

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by KenC, Mar 13, 2004.

1. KenC

KenC Member

I was wondering if anyone has used either the RaceFace Evolve DH or FSA V-Drive cranks. I just stripped the pedal threads my Hussefelts, so I need new cranks. Any experience with either brand would work too. Thanks.

2. Elan

Elan steve french

eh..they all seem pretty comparable to me... i have ridden hussefelts, v-drives and "frex" cranks.... all i know is that 5-bolt compact is superior.

3. B1105

B1105 New Member

Whats the difference?

4. B1105

B1105 New Member

Between 5 bolt compact and like 4 bolt standard?
    Sorry didnt finish my post. Any advantage to have like compact spacing?

5. B1105

B1105 New Member

BTW, I've used the FSA V Drive Extreme Cranks, their good since their cheap and light, but I dont know how long theyll hold up.

6. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

warranty your hussefelts for the new ones. steel pedal thread inserts. problem solved.

7. KenC

KenC Member

I would try to warranty them, but I would need them real soon (for my Cous), and warrenties take a while. Also, I would have to go through my bike shop in NH (home, where I got them). I may try to warranty them, but I'll need something in the meantime.

8. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

then buy some holzfellers is what i would do- they are super-dupa nice. the hussyfelts are tanks.

9. KenC

KenC Member

If I was going to spend $200+, I would get either Bonz or Middleburns. I don't want to spend that much, though.

10. oicdn

oicdn Look at my member...

Get some Bonz....I'm happy with mine. Not too pricey and a 10 year warranty....crucial....

11. [BMF] Chris

[BMF] Chris GTA MUTHER FUCKER!

or just re-tap the threads, if that dosent work, drill it out and put a helicoil in

12. Elan

Elan steve french

aye, helicoils are swell. make sure you use loctite

13. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone New Member

fsa xtremes are a good, cheap solution. they weigh alot but are dirt cheap, like maybe 30 bucks at cost. ive used them for over a year, where as ive gone through turbines in a matter of weeks

14. KenC

KenC Member

I just ordered some of the Extremes today, so we shall see how they fare. I think i will try to warranty my truvativ's while I'm at it.