forxx

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by sergi, Jun 18, 2004.

1. sergi

sergi Guest

I have just bended steal pipe in level boss 26 fork (forxx), I can't to complain cause i bought used bike. I will try to repeir this fork but i have no idea how to remove this steal pipe. anyone have idea how do this? (this pipe have two dimeter, it is thin inside fork leg's joint)

2. Shipley

Shipley ..........

Sergi, check this thread and check with Alexm on how well it worked out for him. I think there are others who have replaced their steerers also and hopefully they'll reply. You'll definitely need to see a machinist for the job.

https://www.observedtrials.net/vb/showthread.php?t=4897

Good luck!

3. sergi

sergi Guest

Many Thank's this is it what i looked for.

4. felix

felix New Member

Practice big hooks! That's the easiest way to remove your steerer tube :joshers:

5. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

I think alexm found the big hard tap method more benificial :p

6. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

ya hahaha judging by Alex's 1000mm wheelbase Koxx I would say it was a great method.

7. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

That was his second steerer (his replacment one). It just got bent to fuck. The original koxx one was alu so it got "loose headset feeling" from a tap to front wheel hops to check the feeling again to faceplant with a thumbcut on sharp steertube due to snapped fork on the way down.

8. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

Ya I remember now he showed us picks of it.

Ya when your a good rider like some of you those forks don't last very long.

9. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

Vincent does also put a lot of stress on his forks, in this video still shot, the fork looks a little bent I think :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2004
  10. AndyT

AndyT New Member

where can i find that video?

11. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

haha.. on your own camera/pc? :D