Fork with Rear Maggie mounts

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by bwagner, Jun 21, 2004.

1. bwagner

bwagner New Member

Ok,
    I've stumbled upon a picture with the maggie mounts on the back of the fork here on the forums. I've seen it before, but this looks like a newer fork(not one from years ago when I've seen it before). Does anyone know what fork this is? Or is it custom made just for the rider? I think it's on Vinco's bike, but cannot find the pics now to reference them. In my opinion, this might drive the brake pads INTO the wheel with forward momentum, making less lever force neccessary. Just a small thing, but I also like the looks of it:D . For some reason, I always end up liking the stuff I cannot get. Also, I tihkn I might be convincd to pick up an XTP frame now over the Pitbull, but I've been told it might not handle my body weight(215-220) very easily. Are there any strength issues with these being "Competition style" frames?Thanks for your time and assistance

2. cogmog

cogmog Member

Yeah, Ive seen that same pic of vinco's pimpin fork. I also like the set up of the maggie and I believe it would work just as good for v-brake in the front. Your right, the pads are pulled into the rim which requires less lever pull. But I I think I would prefer to go disc in the front than spend the money on a new fork. I also wonder if there is any problems with the lines coming in contact with the frame?

3. Tanner

Tanner New Member

its a koxx fork I think.

4. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

woodman t-9 has 4 bolt mounts

5. B1105

B1105 New Member

yea but the woodman bolts arent in the back

that fork is the koxx forxx, its on like vincos frame and sometiems i think benito uses it and xavi casas

6. Flash

Flash Guest

forks

i know that Pace do some forks with the mounts on the back of the legs!
    Flash

7. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

Yeah if you look at old Trials Kings videos when they are riding the Pace you will see that the brake mounts are on the back of the fork.

8. Shipley

Shipley ..........

If i'm not mistaken it's the new prototype Koxx Forxx... they have gussets on the front and rear of the fork by the crown (I think). Perhaps there are versions like Vincos for 4 bolt and one that Hermance has for disc only. Looking forward to this fork coming out. Anyone know any details for sure?

9. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

yep they are koxx forxx. some of the older new modles had the brake mounts on the back of the fork.

10. Spacemunkee

Spacemunkee Guest

so far i've found the pace rc expert pro trials fork (what a name) has 4 bolt bounts on the back, koxx forxx do as well and also some old prototype koxx forks did which my friend had come with his frame about 2 years ago maybe 3 or longer.. the leg tubing was more blade shaped than round maybe prototype forxx.

11. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

my forks mounts when turned around are on the front of the back just behind the corner where you mount the steer tube and slightly down alittle bit and around.