for teh beginners who have a garden

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Cryo-Cube, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Cryo-Cube

Cryo-Cube -----------

I was bored today (didnt want to drive the whole way to the next town for some trials action).
    I i finally took my lazy ass to the next building center to check if there is a way to build something low-buged for our garden.
    I was suprised...the stuff there isnt as expensive as i thought. Its quite cheap so i bought some stuff.

The fat concrete-things are 2,30€ each (thats like 3,50 US$), they are damn heavy ~50lbs and quite big. You can brake dem into smaller parts.
    The little pallets are 3€ each approx. 18x18 inch.

If your a trials noob like me this is a great way to improve your skills(you can build it to fit your riding level, make it harder or easy). Im basically just writing this because there are maybe people out there like me who arnt aware about the prices.

I guess you can build up a pretty hardcore beginners section for like 130$, which isnt much if you consider it as a training device.
    Anyways tomorrow im gonna buy the next load of stuff (pallets, wood rails...)

[​IMG]

2. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Yeah...we were at Wal-mart and I asked one of the stockers what they did with the Pallets after they were done stocking the shelves....he said just go out back and grab some if you have a truck. Shit I nabbed the of them and was away...later I found out I grabbed from the wrong pile. I grabbed the ones that are leased, not the ones they throw away...

Oh well. Yeah, Pallets alone, when stacked are a pretty good training device, stack one on top of the other but upside down, so when you get up on it, you have to pedal kick to the next board, not just roll accross. Good for practicing ups, and Pedal Kicks....

Gotta find me some of those neato looking arch blocks you have there. Gonna build me a nice mini park :bigthumb:

3. Cryo-Cube

Cryo-Cube -----------

yeah the blocks are "teh shiatzzn"
    Depending on how good your shop is you can get extremly cool ones.
    like:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

One thing that sucks about living in an apartment...maybe I'll build a small trials park in my garage :p

5. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

you can make good enough sections with only pallets. set each ridding surface on a differnt level, even if its only 1 or 2 pallets high and put some on slants to make things interesting. also use a 2x4 or 2x6 to connect a few of them, thats all you need.

6. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

that looks really nice, Ill have to do that, my mom wants something like that in her backyard, that way she can put little plants in the middle :p

7. fhfn2000

fhfn2000 Guest

i have a few skids...should i nail them together before riding?

8. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

what are skids? pallets??

9. MegamoMidwest

MegamoMidwest chicago crew

That looks awesome! now where do you find building places? are you talking about home depot or something? I gotta talk to them folks at walmart cause I need some pallets. All those pictures make me want to build a trials park...

-Paul

10. fhfn2000

fhfn2000 Guest

yeah...

skids = pallets = flats etc etc...

anyways, should i nail them together when stacking??

a local hardware store has a several stacks of them where i live.

i assume you can go to any sort of hardware store and find them. but yeah, WalMart wouldn't be a bad idea either.

11. Cryo-Cube

Cryo-Cube -----------

i wouldnt nail them together
    i use cabel ties(when stacking more then 5 pallets), so that i can change them quickly if needed
    if you stack up less then 5 you dont need to do anything, they hold together pretty well.

[​IMG]