For Sale: Middleburn RS-7 Pro Trials Crankset - ISIS

Discussion in 'For Sale / Want to Buy' started by kp, May 24, 2004.

1. kp

kp New Member

Hi:

I have for sale:

Middleburn RS-7 Pro Trials Crankset 165mm arms, ISIS drive with silver trials specific bashring (with integrated 5-bolt compact spider)

The arms are barely used with only a couple minor scuffs, but in perfect shape. The bashring has never been used.

Price: $140 U.S. (about half of what they go for at Trialsin or Webcyclery)

Reason for selling: Like 170mm better so I have Middleburn 170's now and need to sell my 165's. I have enough equity in the 170's! :D

I think this is a great deal for someone who likes 165's. The are cold forged 7075 T6 aluminum super light arms, and they come with a lifetime warranty for trials riding. I will give vendor info to whoever buys...

Please PM me if interested. Also, I will be at the Colorado Springs event in a few days in case anyone will be there and is interested.

As I'm new to the forum, I didn't want to mess up my post trying to attach JPEG's. If anyone wants pics, I can try to post or PM.

KP.

2. kp

kp New Member

Bump:

Here are some pics if anyone is interested. I hope they show up ok.

These are in perfect shape.

If anyone's interested, please reply or PM me.

KP.

Attached Files:

3. Elan

Elan steve french

i am interested.. i tink. i would like to hear other's opinions on 165s'

4. B1105

B1105 New Member

too little power, unless you change your gearing

just my two cents

5. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

maybe if he doesnt do alotta moves that dont require alot of power? I would think the extra clearence would be nice. and thats a good deal, you could just buy em and try em, if you didnt like em sell em to a shorter person or something.

6. Elan

Elan steve french

i was thinking about it over dinner. i am sitching to a 20-18 gearing from 20-19..i think the 160's will work. what type of payment would you like?

7. kp

kp New Member

Hi Elan:

Hey, didn't I meet you in Colorado before the Co. Springs comp? Riding a Koxx, I think? (Kelly on the white Echo w/ custom chain tensioner, BTW)

Anyway, the cranks are 165's, not 160's, so that works out to a 2.94% difference from 170's. :) (These weren't the cranks I was riding though. These are practically brand new just sitting around...)

I guess paypal is good. Maybe you can PM me if you're interested.

KP.

8. kp

kp New Member

Back from the dead, and brought another set of Middleburns with me!

EDITED: To clarify that shipping needs to be covered at buyers expense. Sorry the original post was not meant to read that shipping was included!

My apologies to all interested in these whom I failed to even respond to. I dropped off the face of the earth for a while...

I still have the 165's in same condition (basically brand new).

I also need to sell my set of 170mm's. This set is used but in great shape. The bashring has some dings but no big dents. The arms have a few scratches as in the photos.

I also modified one of my bashrings by machining to take a lot of the weight out of it. It's still plenty strong but makes it a lot lighter.

I also machined a tool to allow you to remove the bash from the crank arms, so I can throw that in if anyone wants it (as long as I can find it!) But you should be able to use a spanner if you want to remove it for some reason.

I added new photos (I think). The 165's have the white printed logo on the bash and the 170's have the scribed logo.

I'm in Canada and willing to ship these in Canada or US and would like to have my cost for shipping covered by the buyer. The price is $140 US for each set + shipping.

Please PM me if you're interested. I will actually respond to you if you do and won't take ~10 years to do so.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  9. eastcoaststeve

eastcoaststeve Moderator

Wow, longest for sale thread ever!

Cranks are sweet, and will probably sell fast at that price.

If I wasn't tapped from Xmas, I'd be all over them.

Steve

10. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

I'd be on it too if you shipped to Aust!

11. NateE

NateE wtflol

I'll ship it to Aus for ya Rush if he doesn't wanna deal with it. Just gimme the word.

12. kp

kp New Member

Middleburn crank sets ISIS for sale

I still have both sets of Middleburns for sale. I did have a pending sale a couple days ago but the buyer has backed out and wants me to hold the 170's until the weekend for him...

Does anyone want the 165's?

I guess shipping to Australia should be okay as long as you pay for shipping, rush. Let me know if you're serious and I can get a shipping quote and set up a paypal link. Do you have an address or postal code so I can get a quote? Which size do you want?

By the way, I found the tool I made for removing the bash from the arm (not that you would need it really) But I can include it if anyone needs it. I only used it so I could machine the holes in one of my bashes to lighten it up.

If anyone is serious, I will get a shipping quote and set up a paypal link. I think the price for these is really good. I paid almost exactly double for each of these.

Attached Files:

13. kp

kp New Member

Both sets are still available. I had someone holding the 170's but they bought something else now, so both the 165's and 170's are still for sale.

14. cck

cck Member

these things still look classy as fuck

15. kp

kp New Member

I still have both the 165mm and 170mm cranksets for sale. I'll change the price to $160 CDN for each set including shipping. That works out to around $120 US shipped if you are in USA. PM me if you're interested.

16. Blackstick

Blackstick Well-Known Member

Damnit. I hate passing up on a set like this. Postage is to Victoria, 3440 if you feel like finding out?

17. kp

kp New Member

Rush, I sent you a PM. Shipping didn't seem too bad.

18. kp

kp New Member

Middleburn 165mm ISIS Crankset for sale

I sold the 170mm set. I still have the 165mm with tool to remove the bash. The 165mm net is basically new (mounted once to try out but didn't like gearing so didn't use)

19. NateE

NateE wtflol

Man oh man....these would look super pretty on the track bike I'm building up......not sure if offset is correct though....