foot trials vs. bike trials

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by RomanC, Mar 20, 2004.

1. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

Do you think you can ever go bigger on a bike compared to just using your body? This excludes massive Bender style drops on a Karpiel type rig. I personally think that on foot a person could go bigger because you can use your body a lot more effectively compared to the bike. Maybe if you could have springs in the rear triangle to aid sidehops...

By the way $1 long islands are the shit. Thats prob why I am asking this question...

2. Elan

Elan steve french

umm..if you were doing all of that on a bike, you would havbe to use like 10 different bieks to equal what all you could do with your body.

i was watching this urbanfreeflow video called motion..2 i think, this guy jumps like 40 feet out and like 20 feet down from one building to another...and then he had like 10 feet of landing strip until he would hit a wall.... i dont think that is very feasible on a bike.

that being said, i still liek biketrials more.

3. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

free runners i think theyre called..they do some crazy stuff..can get down a parking ramp in no time, just use the rails

4. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

the pic of the coustellier guy doing that mega uppage that kevin posted, i'd imagine i would have more trouble climbing that than he would have on his bike. he could certainly beat me up it anyway.

that said, i can't do anything on my bike i couldnt do on foot, without using my hands to climb etc.

5. sebLG

sebLG New Member

i can go more confidently, and much less unco on a bike!! LOL! its so funny. for example, i prefer to jump onto a rail on a bike, on foot im too scared, and also, when i walk around i am the biggest retard, i trip over and shit and tangle up, LOL, but on a bike i guess i feel less unco. going bigger im not too sure about, because going big depends on your human spring, and if you can sidehop a certain height it is probably to do with your body jumping and so on so ..

6. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

if we are talking about feet only... i can go bigger on my bike. gaps and ups on my bike are taller than on my feet. plus rails- yeah right, i will never do rails on my feet but with my bike it's not such a problem.

why am i saying this?

7. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

I can got a lot further on my feet as far as ups gaps go. Also I can do some rails on feet as well.

8. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

in cotrials11- that gap i did fromt he sidewalk to the rail road track... stuff like that i can do almost static on my bike but there is no way in hell i would ever even try it on my feet, even with running up to it. im clumsy on my feet. i trip and walk into stuff all the time walking around. at least if a take a dive on my bike, chances are it was trying to do something sort of cool.

9. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

heh, i could have done that gap easily on my feet, from static. :bigthumb:

...i did a bit of foot trials before i knew what it was. it was more of a case of "look how far i can jump" and "look what i can jump onto" :greddy:

10. Tanner

Tanner New Member

10' static on my feet and a 4.5' up. still going too.

11. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Sounds sterotypical, but the adage "White men can't jump" comes to truth here. Well, ANY race cept black people, LOL!

Fuck, there are people who can sidehop, bunny hop, pedal kick, etc. NASTY heights and distances.....but couldn't dunk a basketball hoop for thier life. It's the mechanics of being on the bike and utilizing the energy.....

Right now, I'm more competent on my feet, but I guess that changes with saddle time...err, in our case, pedal time :rofl:

But in all seriousness. All your Black skaters, bikers etc, generally have higher ups. I think once you get to a certain level, your PHYSICAL ability, as in strength is what holds you back.

12. silus2000

silus2000 New Member

Where are the black trials riders?

13. oicdn

oicdn Guest

:rofl: I dunno, sounded good though. :bigthumb: but there are Black BMXers and Black skaters...and those guys got some NASTY ups.....

14. TooSicKs

TooSicKs Guest

PK just takes practice and conquering fear of unknown. Remeber when rear wheeling a handrail was scary? same thing on foot, just overcome. Yeah you'll bust your ass a few times but if ya don't then ya ain't really trying. I can gap static on foot well over 10' and with 1-2 steps in i regularly clean over 12' gaps on natural. I found tho that i can't static up much higher than i can sideup from rear. Was trying to up this massive(to me) rock one day bigger than i've ever tried and it was about the extent of my limits of upping static on foot. After a few tries i did clean it on bike. I think it was my biggest up yet and was around the 4' mark.

Today i'm goin' out to Coshise Stronghold (the place in the pics on my site) but i got no bike, so i'll be doing some foot natty today. I'm going geocaching with a friend and we're gonna go find some up in the rocks.