Florida freeride type stuff? It exists. Ascentreks curiosity

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by Shipley, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Shipley

Shipley ..........

Almost as out of place as Christmas lights in palm trees... that still makes me shake my head...
    Whole lotta buildin done down here for trails. Surprising amount of dedicated freeriders here too.. bigger than you'd ever expect.
    Here's a few pics to give you an idea...
    [​IMG]
    bigger than it looks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My buddy joe.. this kid will tear up any bike you put him on- flat on a double
    [​IMG]
    Another local rider in orlando mike, insanely good. Eats freeride stuff up on his Echo Urban with a POS Rock Shox Indy or some crap.
    Oh... and that's when he's not riding trials and doin 12 foot drops from backwheel like it's nothin. He's gay.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    When you can't make it to the trails
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Way worse than it looks.
    [​IMG]

Florida isn't the place you'd think to find crazy good riders. Still think I'll be in Colorado in the next year or so.. miss living up north. In the mean time if we can get pansy ass Lance Trappe to come out and ride when he's not workin everyday in the Cirque Du Soleil show here i'd be surprised. Guess i'll just keep riding with people that aren't 'famous pros'. :greddy:

2. Sonic

Sonic Plaid, I have not gone.

All of those pictures are great. :sonic: DJ on an Echo Urban eh, whodathunk.

3. oicdn

oicdn Guest

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Damn...those look like the spots I used to ride my .243 at!!!! But if those are in Orlando I guess not. :?

yeah...the freeride scene here is SMALL.....like WAY SMALL, more DJ and BMX orientated if you don't count the roadies and XC guys.....those two are 80% of bike scene here. There's alot of park guys, and BMX guys, but eh...those don't really count. ...

LOL, no joke, I had to read that twice, LOL!

4. Shipley

Shipley ..........

Those shots are mostly from trails in Belleview which is right at Ocala and the Toe which is right around Lakeland. Yeah.. that guy Mike on the Echo Urban... sick sick man. He's riding lines on his trials bike and doin drops that guys are hucking on 10 inch dual suspension bikes... much less backflips on dirt jumps.. what a pansy. Mike and Joe are both here in Orlando along with some other good riders of all types. Speaking of which.. it's time to go hit Downtown for a ride..

5. bigd

bigd Guest

SWEEET!!!!

those shots are from Santos! I used to ride there every sunday.. man i miss that place. wo much fun shit to ride.

:bigthumb:

6. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

ECHO ES3 FOR BIKING? HOLY CRAP BATMAN

7. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

sweet stuff. here's a page with a video of me being stupid and hucking my downhill bike off of a roof drop that is 9 feet tall with a 9 foot ish gap.
    http://www.msdhw.com/gallery/covingtonroof
    hackish? maybe, give me your opinions i know. i ride trials mostly but i thought i'd make a fool of myself and do this.