Flooded...

Discussion in 'South/South West, USA' started by Sonic, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Sonic

Sonic Plaid, I have not gone.

We're flooded here, how's Dallas? Ill post pics in a while...

2. Sonic

Here are some pics I took at 6am when the manager of my complex woke me up and said I needed to move my car. They were able to get everyone up except the owners of this VW bus.

[​IMG]
    Not a van down by the river, a van in the river. :eek: My Blzer was next to this van before I moved it.

[​IMG]
    Yeah, there's water in their floorboards.

[​IMG]
    This guy didnt feel like moving his bike.

Only Aaron will have seen how some of these areas look when not flooded, so just trust this is real bad, in the city park from the lowest point in the park to the highest water level had to be ~15ft of water...

[​IMG]
    This is a runoff ditch running through the complex, Ive never seen it this full.

Now look at this pic, behind me up on the road is where I stood when I took the video below. Now watch the vid below, the water was real high:
    [​IMG]

Now look at this vid, it's small, shouldnt take long to DL:
    Right Click & Save As - Stream if you like

3. MegamoMidwest

MegamoMidwest chicago crew

take a canoe out man! its always been my dream to canoe through the streets of chicago.

4. Sonic

Im thinking about heading to Wal-Mart and picking up an inflatable. Friend of mine is an avid kayaker, when it would flood at school he had 2 Dagger kayaks we would go down the streets in, wish he was around still. :D

5. Shipley

Shipley ..........

That's pretty crazy. Last September downtown Baltimore flooded pretty badly as well. Friends of mine went swimming through the streets... I was stuck in Florida at the time.. floods make me miss my hometown. Somethin odd about that. Great storms in Florida though... nothin like gumball-sized hail in June just last Monday.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Ducks swimming the streets... formatting got all screwy.. scroll over to the right to see em.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

Damn that ditch is huge, thats alot of water to fill that up!