Fishing thread... Official

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by trauma100, May 10, 2012.

1. trauma100

trauma100 Modest

Post up all things angling

2. literocola

literocola Well-Known Member

One of my favorite fishing holes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. RampartRanger

RampartRanger New Member

4. Can't wait for this year... A relative of mine has two cabins on a lake in northern ct... The lake has some great bass fishing and I found my fly rod over the winter time... I also found my fly tying shit, but I'll just buy some instead. I have no time for that shit anymore.

5. ateam

ateam Old Man, Poser, Newbie, "Huba Huba"

My friend in Tennessee had a Vanderbilt scholarship for golf and tennis. He quit after his sophomore year to became a fishing guide in the summer. Stayed in school but spent most of his time fishing. The TVA lakes around him like Dale Hollow and such are a bonanza for large and small mouth. Here is a little video I made of Forrest Douglas, the nicest guy in the world. Also, while filming one of his fish on hook I got a fish on my rod. I wasn't paying any attention and the fish took off with the rod and reel. Never to be used again.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nQvupuzev8[/ame]

A neighbor asked me do all people in Tennessee talk that fast....:naughty:

6. 20inchDUDE

20inchDUDE New Member

I run a Lodge in the jungle next to the Pacific coast in Colombia called Piedra Piedra Lodge I do a lot of fishing there, mainly top water poppers for snappers, jacks, tunas, mackerel....the area is isolated from roads and civilization. We run solar and water powered energy for our freezer and lights. There are no roads leading to this part of the country and it's only accessible by plane (45min) or by boat (200 miles). Apart from breathtaking jungles, thermal waters, isolated beaches, waterfalls, rivers, whale watching, and good surf, there's a lot of good fishing....

I have some shots from my fishing trips there here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.103255959767178.5232.103177779774996&type=3
    and this is our main facebook page where there's lots of photos: http://www.facebook.com/piedrapiedralodge

Here's an album from our last trip http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.219660244793415.49623.103177779774996&type=3

7. trauma100

trauma100 Modest

some fish, old key largo cc (r.i.p.) new lund tiller last summer... good times on the water

Attached Files:

8. trauma100

trauma100 Modest

smore

Attached Files:

9. willapaj

willapaj New Member

Nice stripers!
    I do a lot of fishing, but seems I rarely catch anything! Have decent luck on the local reservoir (in Vermont) with smallmouth out in my canoe, and catch a few trout on the flyrod occasionally. Most of the time, I don't give a fuck if I catch anything or not, it's nice to be outside on the water any time.
    Every year my wife's family spends a week on the Cape (Cod), and it always bores the shit out of me just sitting on the beach. This year though, I got a surf rod, so at least I'll have something to do. Any tips for catching stripers from the beach? I'll be in the Dennis area. About as far as I've gotten in my research is that stripers like eels. What about bluefish?
    I also travel a lot for work, and I take my bike and a fishing pole with me wherever I go. Supposed to go to Wisconsin soon, gonna hit up the local lakes. Might get to go to Alaska too, definitely gonna fish up there!
    [​IMG]

10. literocola

literocola Well-Known Member

WOW what an awesome destination spot! I plan on running resorts when I graduate with my Hospitality Degree. Been in love with resorts/hotels since I was a child, been working in hotels/restaurants for over a decade, and I hope that perhaps one day, my career will take me to some exotic destinations! Your now my hero.

11. trauma100

trauma100 Modest

Down the cape from the beach... You can't go wrong with top water! Hit a local tackle shop ( small mom and pop place if you can find one) and ask the locals what they recommend and what the fish have been hitting on. Grab some yuzuri lures , I have had stellar luck with these but they are a little pricy . Best source for lures and bait will be a local tackle shop. If you see a truck in the parking lot with coolers and rods mounted to both bumpers grab that guy and ask ... Most shore fishermen tend to be pretty nice. Hit the beach before sun up and at dusk
    With a decent top water plug and you can't go wrong.

12. [​IMG]

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I got a squirrel once with a fly rod...

13. BigFoot4300

BigFoot4300 Its a jeep thing.

14. JoelO

JoelO New Member

15. 20inchDUDE

20inchDUDE New Member

You're welcome anytime! 90% of our clients are European/N.American and we are welcome to volunteer work if you want to stay for a month or so. It's a small business but there's lots of potential....some more pics :yum:

Attached Files:

16. 20inchDUDE

20inchDUDE New Member

They were huge, there's plenty of those and I usually throw them back, not very tasty in that size. I mainly catch them with poppers on spinning gear, it's an epic tug of war, those fish and SUPER strong!