first trials bike

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by ridefisher, Mar 28, 2004.

1. ridefisher

ridefisher Guest

what would anyone recommend for a first trials bike?

2. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

best deal for the money:

mod
    -monty x-alp is ok

stock
    -norco evolve
    -some zoo (gasp) complete bikes are in the area of a grand usd, like 1200.

if you can find any used bikes with good parts and in good contition, with a super good price, thats another option.

3. B1105

B1105 New Member

Whats your price range?

4. ridefisher

ridefisher Guest

My pricerange is pretty wide but i am thinking around a $1000....I also was doing some research and the new Zoo pitbull frame is running for $550... I just want to get something that I won't have to upgrade...right away at least...I just don't know :?

5. ridefisher

ridefisher Guest

I am trying to transition from mountain biking into trials....and am currently riding a full suspension Gary Fisher - JoshuaXO and i have been riding that for 6 years now

6. RideManuals

RideManuals Guest

Zebdi or Zoo boa would be a good and cheap beginner bike. zoo Pitbulls and frames with like geometry may be tooo extremely trials for beginner making it hard to start and get used to. I'm pretty sure like 50% of the people on this board started on a zebdi. Boa is similar but slightly longer and has an option between more competition style(no seat and magura mounts) and street style(seat and v mounts). I ride a Zebdi mk5 and pretty much just started but I have progressed quite nicely

7. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Take a look at either the zoo ( a nicely priced bike) or a zebdi, used or new... You probably want something that isn't too long (around 1050-1020 mm wheelbase) and has possibilities for a seat.

8. B1105

B1105 New Member

Yea I have been riding a Mark 3 Zebdi which has been really nice. The geometry is perfect for begginers and also for advanced people doing urban trials.

9. Elan

Elan steve french

aye, before you get a zoo pitbul get an echo pure...i hear they ride much nicer

10. ridefisher

ridefisher Guest

Thanks guys...i'll look more into the options.....ohhh the possibilities

11. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

12. ascentrek

ascentrek Original power yuppie

What type of riding do you think you'll do? How tall are you?
    I bought a Planet X Zebdi, learned the basics, and then figured out very quickly that it was too short for me (I'm 6'-2"). Had I done it all over again, I would've done an Echo Pure for my first.

13. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

In mid-May I will have a small batch of BTs come in. But those are 1085mm wheelbase seatless bikes. Might not be too good for a beginner.

14. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

There is a good deal on a ECHO ES3 in the used marketplace. Clean bike and way below your price you are wanting to spend, you will get more bike for the money also.