Finally have a mod for the first time (pic)

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by DaneBrammage, Jul 19, 2004.

1. DaneBrammage

DaneBrammage Guest

Thanks to this forum I hooked up with a guy who wanted my dual suspension mtb frame in exchange for a built mod. I was afraid the x-lite would be too small for me but I was never going to find out without doing the deal, and I hadnt ridden the mtb for months and months and months so doing a trade didnt hurt my $$$. Except the stinking $60 to ship the bike.

[​IMG]

It got here today and after hours of putting it back together and fixing up the looks, this is what we have. Not bad for a starter bike I think. The rims have a nice grind and the 33's pads are Plaz.

Because I hurt my foot a while back I cant really know how it will be. But I can trackstand without much pain and do little hops and pivots, and I have to say I think I'm really going to like it. I'm glad I did the trade-- even though it got here looking like it'd been in an open barn for a few months.

Thanks again to observedtrials forums for being a big help.

mark

2. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

actually one of the better looking monty's I think, congrats!

3. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Awesome...nice Monty...i want a mod for the mod experiance...

4. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

you shoulda got mine!! haha :rofl: i hope you enjoy it! looks pretty sweet

5. DaneBrammage

DaneBrammage Guest

Andreas has a NICE Monty x-lite for sale and the price is right!!

The only reason I didnt get your bike Andreas in the end was that I was able to trade off a mtb I really never use anymore. I havent exaclty been working very much lately and to be able to trade won the day.
    BY THE WAY--
    if you never have tried a mod bike you should! they're a gas. at least mine is so far. andreas will take a trade for his bike but i'm not going to tell you what it is. pm him and ask him. his bike is pretty sweet.

[​IMG]

6. Monty99

Monty99 Super-Rockin-Mister-Magic

Good Luck! My one is broken.

7. Monty99

Monty99 Super-Rockin-Mister-Magic

Yeahhh! ODI Longnecks are the best!!!!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2004
  8. digby

digby New Member

holy crap, "nice starter bike". 2 years ago most of us would have considered that a nice expert/pro level bike. Congratulations on finally getting a real trials bike, I hope you enjoy it.

This is the peice of shit, I had to learn trials on when I first started. Just looking at this pic and thinking of trying to ride rocks on this will make your monty seem that much sweeter.

imagine trying to hop on the back wheel with mag wheels, a gyro and a shady ass acs boa brake. Oh almost forgot, 44 tooth chainring in front too.

[​IMG]

9. DaneBrammage

DaneBrammage Guest

After looking at YOUR starter bike I went back and gave my x-lite a tongue bath.