filming tips?

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by BLENDERE, Jun 6, 2004.

1. BLENDERE

BLENDERE Guest

hi im making video and i wont to have a better quality of image.what can i do?
    im using -imagemixer to transfer the video from mv camera to my computer
    -moviemaker for editing
    -tmpeg for encoding

say to me your tips and your logiciel to transfer the footage from camera to your computer

2. Ross

Ross New Member

Are you upset with the quality of the image that your camera is taking or are you upset with the quality of the image after you compress the footage? The program that you use to get the video from the camera to the computer will have nothing to do with its quality, unless it drops a bunch of frames. If you are just upset with the quality of the image after you compress it you might just want to use a different codec to see which one looks the best after you output the final edited video

3. Ghetto

Ghetto Guest

Are you transferring from the MicroMV camera with a firewire lead, or just a USB link.

You MUST be using the firewire (i.Link) method of transfer... If you're using that an the quality is terrible then thats odd. MicroMV isn't as far as I know supported by Premiere (the kinda industry standard software), but I think the latest Pinnacle editing suite (v8?) does... So try using that. Its a hell of a lot better to use than imagemixer or moviemaker.

4. BLENDERE

BLENDERE Guest

just a USB,is it a lower quality of transferring?

5. Ghetto

Ghetto Guest

Yes... Firewire can handle a lot more data per second than USB... Which gives a much much clearer picture. Almost every video you see on the trials websites at good quality will be done through firewire.

So grab yourself a lead, doesn't cost much at all. And the quality will be far superior.

6. piss off

piss off Guest

second advantage of firewire is u can transfer the vid from the cam to the pc or mac very faster.....

7. BLENDERE

BLENDERE Guest

thx a lot for tips but how much it is?

and is it compatible whith every camera.i have a sony numeric (not old).

8. Ross

Ross New Member

Is your camera a Mini DV (digital video)? If not then it will probably not have a firewire output. Also, you must have a firewire card in your computer, which you can get for like 40 or 50 bucks.

9. BLENDERE

BLENDERE Guest

on my camera numeric(not mini dv) i have a output call : ( I:link )is this a firewire

10. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member