Feeler: RCP custom street frame

Discussion in 'For Sale / Want to Buy' started by NateE, Apr 29, 2013.

1. NateE

NateE wtflol

Even though I've sworn to myself not to sell this frame/bike, I have obligations that are a little more important and this bike hardly gets ridden. It's fun as shit, and even 2 nights ago when I rode around town on it I loved it. Problem is, I don't really ride it. I think that was the first time I've ridden it in a month.

Geo is based around a Marz 4x fork (477 crown height):
    1009 wb
    +31bb
    370 cs
    74 ha can't remember if I went 74 or 73....

Basically, it was loosely based on a NS Capital. I fixed what I didn't like about the Capital and the bike is tons more fun.

Part Spec:
    Mavic D321 rims laced to a Hadley 72 rear hub w/thru axle (no wheel shifting!!!!) Marz 20mm front hub
    OG Avid grey caliper brakes
    203mm Hayes rotors
    Avid FR5 levers
    NS 3.3 rise bars
    50mm CNC Atomlab stem
    Salt Cranks
    Salsa 29r 20mm rigid fork (460 crown height iirc so the geo is close to the fork it was built around, the 4x)
    Race King 2.0 black chili tires
    Pivotal post (400mm so you can raise it up and actually pedal around!)
    Pivotal seat

The top pic is how it currently sits, the other pics are just other angles. The only thing different is the bar.
    Pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's a pretty bombproof build and really goddamn stiff. Even with that 29r fork, it's super stiff. You more or less lean back and the front end floats up into a manual. Everybody, literally EVERYBODY, who has ridden it says that it's how a big-wheeled-BMX should feel since it's so nimble and tossable.

I'm thinking $500 is fair considering RCP frames are more than that alone.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013

2. Ramrod

Ramrod My body is ready.

I have a fully torqued bicycle boner right now. Someone buy this so I don't buy another bike.

3. AndyT

AndyT New Member

If you had +0 and longer chainstays I'd be all over that

4. Keith Courage

Keith Courage Richard

How does it ride, in a trials sense?

5. NateE

NateE wtflol

The dropouts aren't shorty/stubby drops, and that CS measurement was when slammed. I attached a picture. You can see they're Surly drop-outs and have quite a bit of drop-out left. If you also put a normal non-suspension corrected rigid on there, it would be pretty close to +0.

It rides pretty good. It's about as home for non-static rear wheels moves as a 4 play. With the low gearing it pedal kicks and pedal ups fine. It's short wheelbase makes it sort of awkward for pure trials riding though. The weight is another thing that makes it suck ass for pure trials in that it's a cunt hair under 25lbs. Not bad for a bombproof steel braked bike that rides MUCH MUCH lighter than it's weight suggests. For street it rides super light and twitchy cause of the geo.....static stuff however, it sucks.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  6. eastcoaststeve

eastcoaststeve Moderator

That looks like a really fun ride...wish I wasn't tapped out on cash, and maxed out on storage space.

Somebody buy this thing before I hurt myself.

Steve

7. Keith Courage

Keith Courage Richard

Considering be financially irresponsible right now.

8. eastcoaststeve

eastcoaststeve Moderator

Please do....my willpower is weakening fast.

Steve

9. saltine

saltine New Member

How much for just the frame?

10. Ramrod

Ramrod My body is ready.

If frame gets sold and you start parting, dibs on the fork

11. NateE

NateE wtflol

Hahah...sale is pending. I couldn't part her out...if I did, it'd be $500 for the frame, lol. It's a solid build anyways, there's not much worth changing.

12. eastcoaststeve

eastcoaststeve Moderator

Haha, thanks KC...you saved my marriage.
    I brought home a bike last week I got for free...thought the wife would be glad I didn't spend our $...she said nice, which one are you getting rid of to make room for it, and she wasn't kidding.

Steve

13. NateE

NateE wtflol

Yups, sold and going to a good home. LMK what you think of the geo. Never heard one bad thing about how it rides. I'm pretty sure I know what the reaction will be, but it's "my signature frame" and like to hear that it's actually liked lol.

14. Keith Courage

Keith Courage Richard

THIS BIKE TAKES ME TO MY HAPPY PLACE

15. NateE

NateE wtflol

Glad to see it's still kicking ass!!!!

16. Keith Courage

Keith Courage Richard

I still have this. :momaru: