Observed Trials banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
wtflol
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Even though I've sworn to myself not to sell this frame/bike, I have obligations that are a little more important and this bike hardly gets ridden. It's fun as shit, and even 2 nights ago when I rode around town on it I loved it. Problem is, I don't really ride it. I think that was the first time I've ridden it in a month.

Geo is based around a Marz 4x fork (477 crown height):
1009 wb
+31bb
370 cs
74 ha can't remember if I went 74 or 73....

Basically, it was loosely based on a NS Capital. I fixed what I didn't like about the Capital and the bike is tons more fun.

Part Spec:
Mavic D321 rims laced to a Hadley 72 rear hub w/thru axle (no wheel shifting!!!!) Marz 20mm front hub
OG Avid grey caliper brakes
203mm Hayes rotors
Avid FR5 levers
NS 3.3 rise bars
50mm CNC Atomlab stem
Salt Cranks
Salsa 29r 20mm rigid fork (460 crown height iirc so the geo is close to the fork it was built around, the 4x)
Race King 2.0 black chili tires
Pivotal post (400mm so you can raise it up and actually pedal around!)
Pivotal seat

The top pic is how it currently sits, the other pics are just other angles. The only thing different is the bar.
Pics:

It's a pretty bombproof build and really goddamn stiff. Even with that 29r fork, it's super stiff. You more or less lean back and the front end floats up into a manual. Everybody, literally EVERYBODY, who has ridden it says that it's how a big-wheeled-BMX should feel since it's so nimble and tossable.

I'm thinking $500 is fair considering RCP frames are more than that alone.

·
My body is ready.
5,469 Posts
I have a fully torqued bicycle boner right now. Someone buy this so I don't buy another bike.

·
Richard
2,184 Posts
How does it ride, in a trials sense?

·
wtflol
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
If you had +0 and longer chainstays I'd be all over that
The dropouts aren't shorty/stubby drops, and that CS measurement was when slammed. I attached a picture. You can see they're Surly drop-outs and have quite a bit of drop-out left. If you also put a normal non-suspension corrected rigid on there, it would be pretty close to +0.

How does it ride, in a trials sense?
It rides pretty good. It's about as home for non-static rear wheels moves as a 4 play. With the low gearing it pedal kicks and pedal ups fine. It's short wheelbase makes it sort of awkward for pure trials riding though. The weight is another thing that makes it suck ass for pure trials in that it's a cunt hair under 25lbs. Not bad for a bombproof steel braked bike that rides MUCH MUCH lighter than it's weight suggests. For street it rides super light and twitchy cause of the geo.....static stuff however, it sucks.

·
Richard
2,184 Posts
Considering be financially irresponsible right now.

·
wtflol
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hahah...sale is pending. I couldn't part her out...if I did, it'd be $500 for the frame, lol. It's a solid build anyways, there's not much worth changing.

·
wtflol
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yups, sold and going to a good home. LMK what you think of the geo. Never heard one bad thing about how it rides. I'm pretty sure I know what the reaction will be, but it's "my signature frame" and like to hear that it's actually liked lol.

·
Richard
2,184 Posts
THIS BIKE TAKES ME TO MY HAPPY PLACE

·
wtflol
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Glad to see it's still kicking ass!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts