Feedback on Forks... specs and opinions?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Shipley, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Shipley

Shipley ..........

So i've found a few things here and there in the threads about forks but it's not somethin i've seen discussed much. I'm wondering what experiences everyone's had with certain forks.. what's lasted, broken, etc.. I just recently snapped my Orange at the steer tube after a year or so of hard riding. I was surprised it made it that long.
    The other thing i'm wondering along with that is who knows the lengths/rakes on their forks... I'm running a steel fork off the Leech Norco frame now (the frame was destroyed by a friend not long after he got it- might as well have been made of glass). I like it so far.. but wouldn't mind something a little lighter and shorter with a decent rake. I'm on an Echo Urban at 6'3'' and wanna stretch out for bigger moves. Wheelbase is pretty short as it is now.

Thanks for the experience and info.. and MATT!! Thanks for such a great site to share it on. I now spend entirely too much time here when I'm not riding.
  2. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Got more product than Ron Popeil Staff Member

Thanks, I'm glad you like the site :)

As for forks, I've rode a knifen (the old heavy one) for about 3 months & then upgraded to a Cannondale Fatty R, which is now about a year and 6 months old. I haven't broken either one.