Evolution Adaptors

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Jos, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Jos

Jos I'd hit it!

Evolution V-to-Magura Adaptors

Are those any good?

2. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

not in my opinion. If you have a v-brake mount frame you're best off just using v-brakes.

3. nidoss

nidoss Guest

Id agree with Bill

4. Ross

Ross New Member

I also agree, and I have had first hand experience with these adaptors.

5. Gaps720

Gaps720 Guest

yeah they suck... i got em.

6. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

I've had first hand experience with adaptors both ways on many frames and my resounding opinion is YES !

to manufacturer-intended brakes. Use what mounts you got with the right brakes. You will lose all other advantages of the "other" type if you use an adapter.

- Joel

7. Jos

Jos I'd hit it!

Now, did you guys use the adapters with boosters?

There's a Brisa i'm looking at, and the guy has the adaptors on the bike, with HS33's on. I'm skeptical... I like the bike, but... adaptors seem sketchy to me. I can always switch to V's, but to have magura power would be nice.

8. Jos

Jos I'd hit it!

so they are good?

9. unlimits

unlimits New Member

People say the evolution adaptor doesn't work as well as a dedicated 4-bolt mounts and it's hard to set up. I wanted to put hs-33 with evolution adaptors but everything is expensive and people complain about the adaptor and if they leak... so i bought a decent v-brakes kit and works ok...

10. Gargamel

Gargamel Jakabok

They will do the job, im running maguras on v.mount and i have no problem. I tryed some Vs i had laying around and switched back to the maguras. They are a bit hard to set-up and in my opinion, you should use a booster if your running maguras on v.mount.

11. Jos

Jos I'd hit it!

Magura does make the Evolution adaptor though... so if a warranty issue came up, they'd have to take care of it right? both brake and adaptor are their products.

12. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

I always had a booster on my magura with evo adapters. Its not that the adapters make the brakes that much worse than if you were using 4bolt mounts, its mostly that they're a pain in the butt to use. Also, the "power" of the magura is a myth. Sure, they're powerful... but no more powerful than a v-brake, and in my opinion, they're probably slightly less powerful. If theres anything you should be skeptical about about the Brisa, its the geometry and how horrible they feel compared to a more "modern" frame like an echo or koxx.

13. Jos

Jos I'd hit it!

understood, but i just want a trials/street bike to screw around on. I don't care for those comp style bikes. Sure they look cool, but they're rather unsuitable for the kind of riding i will be doing.

14. stocktrials

stocktrials Mitch.

i used them for about a year before I went to 4-bolt. I just ran the std Magura booster plus a v-brake booster aswell (longer bolts etc). While Evo adaptors aren't as easy to set up, if thats what you got then yes, they work fine.

15. Mehukatti

Mehukatti Guest

yes it's a bit more difficult to set up maguras on vee mounts w/ evolution adapters, but when you have the skill, you can set them up perfectly.