Evil's New DOC frame

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by WhiteRavenKS, Sep 27, 2004.

1. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

so ive been hearing good things about this new frame from evil and now i finally see it on pinkbike. it looks freaking awesome. i wish more frames were available like this thing.

i just thought one thing was worth mentioning here:

"The D.O.C. also uses an innovative asymmetrical chainstay yoke design that allows for a phenomenally short 15.75 inch chainstay length with a 26X2.3 tire."

[​IMG]

yarrr... correct me if im wrong but doesnt this caisso frame that should be sitting here have the same thing and clear a 26x 2.5 with 15.3" stays...

OMG NOW EVERYONE HATE ON EVILLLLL!!!! just joking. i wanted to show that people in the trials world create drama where none should exist.

2. DanBowhers

DanBowhers I farted.

I think I may get that frame to replace my jackflash, price is nice and geo is sweet for street and park. Plus the color is so cute

3. digby

digby New Member

how many frames have you gone through this year? I saw a pic of your garage on cotrials with frankenstein in it. That shit is ridiculous.

4. WhiteRavenKS

hahaha. too many. not everything in that car hole is mine though. but then again there is stuff in the house that wasnt in the garage shot.

ps- im a stupid bike dork. i dont have a girlfriend/other hobbies/a life outside of bikes soooo... yeah.

5. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

Great idea but the BB shell is just hangin out with little support. Like most trials riders.

6. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

You getting the Caisso big boy? Tell me how the thing rides, I like it also.

7. WhiteRavenKS

indeed. well, hopefully. last one was screwed from the factory. replacement on its way, who knows when... it is after all a trials product. i was supposed to have a mod frame first week of july and still dont have one.

8. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

Oh you have one, and its better than new its broken in.

9. digby

digby New Member

you know youd save yourself a lof of hassle if you just bought everything at once from koxx/coust. That way, you'd be waiting 4 months for a big container to come, but once it came, youd have a vinco, xtp, caisso, benito mod, belaey, new coust, new fork, levelboss short and long all at once. Doing it the otherway, you have a 4 month wait for each new frame, and you dont want that.

10. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

well it has to be better thanthe imperial aka the dumbest frame ever.

11. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

edit- found it never mind. When are you going to build up that red and white beast hanging from the ceiling?

12. WhiteRavenKS

digby, i already tried that.... no dice. and besides, waiting 4 months for a frame gives me a chance to break/get sick of what im on. if i had all those options right off the bat i wouldnt know what to do with myself (other than just pee my pants).

are you talking about the s-works dh frame? its been sold. who wants a schwinn team issue straight 8?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2004
  13. uownme

Fair enough, You ridden one? Wondering about length/stiffness...

14. WhiteRavenKS

i also often wonder about length and stiffness.... i have heard from people i trust to know what they are talking about that the caisso frame is 'stiff enough' and 'long enough'.... i guess you will have to take that for whatever you want for now. when i get it i will beat the crap out of it and review it.

15. MegamoMidwest

MegamoMidwest chicago crew

I will refrain from saying it...

16. digby

digby New Member

How tall are you, and did you get tired of your coust? Or you just wanna try something new? Dont you have 2 coust frames anyways?

Let me know around christmas time if you wanna sell me your caisso. :)

17. WhiteRavenKS

i should have two coust frames. but yeah... pm if you want the story, this isnt the place to share it.

18. uownme

no-dabs sticker...;)