Es1 is finally together

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by aj2four0, Jun 9, 2004.

1. aj2four0

aj2four0 New Member

Soooo, i finally got it together, after a long long long while... its ride-able..
    so here are a few pics ;) don't be too harsh, i know its not super leet, but hey, i'm just gettin into this ;)

so here the pictures are, just a few of the bike, pretty self explanatory.. and i rode for 10 minutes and got my first battle wound.. i spu the pedal (not hard at all) felt the pedal touch.. and i was like.. awww naw.... but luckily it was all impact, no y vector, so it wasn't nasty.. just a little.. indent.. :-D

enjoy.

Attached Files:

• 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      100.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      173.3 KB
      Views:
  2. aj2four0

aj2four0 New Member

oh.. and yeah. it just got finished,, was too lazy to cut the zip ties... man didn't even notice how bad that rear cable is run... oh well, minor detail.

3. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Nice bike. I need a singleator... those things are beautiful.

4. aj2four0

aj2four0 New Member

yeah mine is WAY to lose.. was 2 concervative with the chain shortening.. was test fitting.. and the stupid powerlink thing locks on me.. with NO force..
    i was like..NOOOOO... i'll pick up another and fix it soon.. caus with the way it is.. i have NO chain on the rear teeth.

5. OTAdmin

you can get the powerlinks undone. Just take a pair of pliers and angle them so that it pushes just on the corners of the link. It will pop right back. Then pull two links out and put it back in :)

6. aj2four0

aj2four0 New Member

okay its the one that has 2 parts,, that u piece together, each has a pin and a link..
    i forget what the type of connection it is called.. but there is no way i'm gettin that thing back apart.. (at least i don't know how.. i tried..) i'll just buy another, aren't they like 2 bucks... they are never the part that fails anyways. (or so i've been told)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2004
  7. B1105

B1105 New Member

Nice ride, cut the seatube a bit, and plug it. It'll look hotter.

8. aj2four0

aj2four0 New Member

i have a mini seat.. just to lazy to shave it down more to fit in the tube :(

9. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

Nice! I love the color. I bought the same Surly tensioner too~ except I have to compress the spring a little more... Have fun :)

BTW if you want to get those chains out just compress make the chain like this:

O¯O <-power link
    O O
    || ||
    O O
    || ||
    O O

Then just squeeze the middle parts with a pair of pliers like Bill said.

10. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

that bike is looking pretty cool.

and what better to explain the powerlink undoing than a cool paint pic?

[​IMG]

11. OTAdmin

:bowdown:

You and the paint pics lately... very nice :bigthumb:

12. aj2four0

aj2four0 New Member

awww shit!,, nice.. great paint pic, thanks! i'll try it tomorrow!

13. trialspads

trialspads TrialsPads.com

LOL Roman is good at explaining things better :) :bigthumb:

14. Triple Eight

Triple Eight Guest

Of the two broken chains I've had, both have been from the powerlink. That's just me though, I've heard lots of people have them work great.

15. hophopsnap

hophopsnap Well-Known Member

single speed eh? so you have to run in mod class then or what?nice color choice. would be tight with a fiesta CK headset, like the green/red/gold or whatever.

16. aj2four0

aj2four0 New Member

i'm a beginner,, i dont' plan on riding comps for a long while ;), if i ever get good enough where i want 2, i'm sure this frame will have been broken.. and i'll have built another bike

maybe when i get a nice nice frame i'll get a ck headset ;)

17. Ryden

Ryden Guest

Aboot that power link thing, I looked at my sram and couldnt find it. And do you have to replace the power link every time you take links out?

18. DangerousDave

DangerousDave Active Member

how is there still a es 1 around???????????

I thought they were all dead.

I loved my es2 one of the best bikes i've owned. feel wise. although it did fold in half after a few months...

19. aj2four0

aj2four0 New Member

yeah i'm hopin this one lasts me at least a year... since i'm basicaly doing no big drops.. or drops at all yet... i think i'm safe for a little while. biek feels really solid, frame feels good. better than i expected, but all i've really riden are xc bikes.. so.. thats not saying much

had to buy ANOTHER powerlink, caus i'm stupid and took 2 much chain out... doh... but now its all good, and the tensioner is in a better position.. although now i have 2 weak links...

20. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

become as smooth as my mate is - he's had one since they came out and has been going big on it the whole time.