Enough is enough

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by Cory, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Cory

Cory Guest

I am getting really sick of all of the NWS stuff that gets posted on this site. I think it is really sad that on some days there are more off topic posts on this forum than actual trials posts.

Tell me this, exactly what does this content add to this site or our sport?

I see no point to having this material on this site as it does not add anything to the trials comunity and it makes us (Users of this board) look like a bunch of sexist 14 year olds (No offense meant to any of you who are 14).

If you really see the need to waste someones time with this stuff go somewhere else.

Oh and feel free to respond with some stupid comment about how I should go hang out with Meader.

Cory

2. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

you can leave anytime you want.

censorship is bad m'kay.

3. redworm

redworm ninja pants!

I dont think we've gotten to enough yet.

4. AndyT

AndyT New Member

1. Stop being a faggot

2. Don't waste our time with your posts, I don't post pictures of gay sex in the trials forum- so don't post your shit in here.

3. Did I make you click on 'off topic' ? fuck no

4. I could post much more controvercial things that would make you all cry, but I don't.

5. mikeschiavone

mikeschiavone Active Member

but, i want to cry!

please post something that will make me cry.

6. GTFCKD

GTFCKD New Member

thanks for the heads up :bigthumb:

7. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

if you don't want to see it, don't open those topics. simple as that.

8. Trialsking

Trialsking Retired from Trials

Whats NWS? Or this post off the topic of trials? If it is sorry.

9. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

NWS = not work safe. Something inflammatory that some people may possible find offensive, specifically bosses and parents.

You need to learn to take responsibility for your own actions, whoever started this post. If you don't want to see something, don't open the posts. Just like if you don't want to get mugged, you don't walk around Redfern (or the Bronx) in an Armani suit. Don't be a silly whinger, be responsible. Getting upset and vocal about these things just makes the "problem" worse. Don't you see what characters like Andrewt and Dolphromhell thrive on? I don't have a problem with that, but I understand that having a go at them will acheive nothing that I want.

The off-topic forum is a place where trials riders can go to share things which they find interesting for WHATEVER reason, and within the restrictions placed by Bill, which are perfectly reasonable and appropriately non-censoring.

Many forums have these sub-forums (just look at mtbr and roadbikereview.com forums)

There is no reason that all the intelligent people on this board should be forced to go to another board to engage in what they find stimulating, they can do it right here with users they're familiar with.

- Joel

10. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I pretty much love how people somehow though that I:

MADE THEM watch the video

or

Actually killed the cat or something

I'm just the messenger.

11. Cory

Cory Guest

It isn't so much that I find these posts very offensive, I just wonder what kind of image it projects of this site and our sport to people who come to this site.

When I go riding at a comp, or for an urban ride I try to remember that my actions while doing trials are going to leave an impression on people seeing this sport for the first time. Same thing with this message board. Do any of you even care how your posts and this board shape the future of this sport?

By the way, nobody answered my question, the one in bold in my original post.

If there is an outlet for your desire to post and distribute crap on the internet elsewhere why do you need to bring it here? Do you enjoy the shock value that you get from some of the responses to your threads? Do you enjoy the burning cats? Does it make you feel masculine to write stupid crap about how in the end a woman still takes it inside her so she can never be a hardcore singer the way a man can? Do any of you have sisters, mothers, or girlfriends? Do you respect them? I really don't understand what you hope to add to this community but I can say that your mature well thought out responses didn't suprise me at all.

Cory

12. KyleT

KyleT Guest

Ummm....did i miss something? I am kind of new to the site....did someone post some pr0n or some other shite? BTW, I know Cory said no offence to 14 year olds, but why is it that people always use 14 year olds as their example? What have we done? I am not offended, i think its hilarious, but why 14?

13. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

That cat in your picture was burned do death while lying in a cage just big enough for it to fit in. And there was a video shown of it being done.

Some people found it very offensive...:hsugh:

14. Peace

Peace pedocrab

lets burn HIM!! ...... ok no.... how about we give him a lil kitten, let him get attached to it (dont say you will burn it or kill it, its a kitten!) then put it in a cage and burn it! whilst he is tied to a chair, watching.
    Thats not gonna happen, but you can see the affect something like that would have on ppl, dont go taking no responsibility whatsoever becuase you created the path for us to walk through. yes we "chose" to but you gave us that choice for some sadistic reason. I watched most of it and i take responsibility for it but i do regret it and the fact it was there for me to click on. It definitely doesnt make me wanna come back here, but i do cos im bored.
    Peace

15. AndyT

AndyT New Member

Hey cory-

Go look at what you want, aka www.biketrials.com

NOW THATS A SUCCESSFUL PLACE!!! No swearing, even words like damn... Nothing off topic in the least. Guess what? It is a horrible fucking failure, completely due to the rod who owns it.

He had it going, and it was going strong for a long time- then he crossed the line with too many people, and this site was born. This site is 21000x more successful than the other one, LOTS of people come here because of the great trials coverage and some silly shit. Thats what it adds to this site.

THIS IS THE OFF TOPIC FORUM ... IT HAS FUCK ALL TO DO WITH TRIALS, GO SIT ON A DICK

16. echoteam13

echoteam13 Guest

:werd: amen to that bruthuh!

17. Cory

Cory Guest

You still didn't answer my question.

18. AndyT

AndyT New Member

QUESTION:

ANSWER:

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T LOOK AT IT. GO TO BIKETRIALS.COM.

If you still don't understand, you are a complete idiot.