Echo VS try-all front free wheel set up?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by sammy, May 25, 2004.

1. sammy

sammy New Member

I'm wanting to buy a whole crank, front freewheel, hub, assembly/ kit that is offered from these two companys, which should it be?
    This is for a stock bike.

sam

2. Elan

Elan steve french

unfortunately i have heard bad things about the try-all crank/bb..but supposedly htat was last year's material...the bugs are supposed to be fixed now.

i think thye are close enough in quality??? so get what you like the most at what price feels most comfy i says

3. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

the echo cranks are nothign special. they work though which is more than i can say for my try-alls. thats just my experience though. other people have had better luck i guess. the echo fixed hub is cheap in quality but it does it's job. the try-all is much nicer.

the try-all isis bb is very nice stuff.

4. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

I'm sorry Kevin but that is shit information.

Echo craks strip very easily and then you have to buy new ones.

Tryall the new ones anyway are great. Work as they should.

Tryall cranks and echo hub cause both hubs are of poorer quality so get the cheaper echo.

5. WhiteRavenKS

yes, that was shit information. when i said the echo cranks were nothing special i was implying that everyone should go buy them. and "thats just my experience" meant thats the way it is for every single set up ever sold or ever will be sold. the try-all fixed hub is way nicer thant he echo hub. twice as expensive nicer? maybe not but it is way nicer.

diregard this post as i am just a silly person.

6. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

www.thatwashisopinionyoushit.com
    everybody has personal experiances, holy 1978 batman

7. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

Sorry maybe I was a bit agressive I blame it on a bad day!!

Trall cranks work great for 90% of people so you saying they are no good is false. Plus you probably had the old moddle anyway right?
    yes the tryall stuff is nocer foreshure but the hub is not worth the money compared to the echo. Why can't they make a high quality fixed hub that doesn't cost so much. What a rippoff? :? I don't know about the tryall but the echo has a very soft body thingy where the cassttes go so yo ucan't put some really high end king cassette otherwise it will dig into it. Does that makes sense? sorry I am getting old. :ugh:

Hey Andreas the link didn't work. :D

8. sebLG

sebLG New Member

the echo cranks bend like fuck. EVERYONE i know with echo cranks has bent them, apart from one guy who is a complete begginer so dosnt do anythign at all bad to his cranks. koxx i have nfi about.

9. Cole

Cole New Member

Get the tryall setup from Graham at factionbike.com. The new tryall stuff seems very good and Graham checks them for quality control.

10. 4hun

4hun Guest

bonz cranks can't be beat. Any square taper crank will strip, Isis is so much nicer. I use an ACS freewheel and have never had a problem, but most like the white industries eno trilas. A little more expensive but you'll never buy another crank setup as long as you can ride

11. WhiteRavenKS

i thought the bonz cranks only came in the short mod length for the ffw thread on model?

12. 4hun

4hun Guest

you are absolutely right, Sorry, I ride mods and sometimes forget the parts are different for the stock bikes

13. sebLG

sebLG New Member

i thought bonz were like the only people who made isis front freewheel cranks before koxx :ugh: or has that been said? or am i dumb and useless here an should stop posting? goodbye.

14. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

i like the try alls. no complaints here except weight.

15. DMArnt

DMArnt Guest

Hmmm .. I bent one of my cranks, cracked my rear rim, smashed & fell on my pedal and brusied & cut myself up all because I slipped landing a gap on rocks last night.

Sometimes I really hate trials. :down:

What has this to do with the thread? Nothing. Well that is until I add this next line .....

Echo cranks bend? Stink. I was thinking about trying them out.

:werd:

16. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

that sucks, bad luck man. i havn't had any bad experiences with my echo cranks though. maybe i am just too smooth :)