Echo urbans, Cracked disc mount.

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Bigman 86, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Bigman 86

Bigman 86 Bigman, Because i am ;)

Here is a piccy of my 4 month old echo urban forks, all i have run on these forks is a 185mm avid disc and found today this loverly little crack:

[​IMG]

Hopefully they should get warrentied, has anyone else out there had this problem, and if so can anyone recomend a set of forks with a better designed disk mount, i have been looking at the cannondale fatty r's as replacements, what do u guys recon?

Thanks. Adam

2. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

i would say youre lucky it cracked there and you caught it as opposed to it cracking the leg at the top of the mount all the way through like what has happened to me about 4 times with forks. one of the best disk mount dropouts i have seen and tried is the brisa (its unfortunately attached to the rest of that fork though). there is the kniffen light (but everyone here will say its ugly and shouldnt be used). i would honestly look into another urban. u would think they will replace that since it happened in a weird way in uder 6 months. ive never seen a tab pull off form the bottom like that before.

3. Bigman 86

Bigman 86 Bigman, Because i am ;)

Thanks kevin, i am deffinalty going to go for a warrentie replacement, whether i keep them or not i have yet to decide.

4. kenneth

kenneth Guest

I have an urban myself, and when I saw yours I thought I might just aswell check mine... And guess what I found...? A crack just like on your urban.. haha, but who cares, I`ll buy a new one anyways. I can`t think of a better fork.. Exept coust :p