Echo Urban 2003 or Zoo Boa

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by bonzai, Oct 11, 2003.

1. bonzai

bonzai The brown guy

Wanted to get your opinion on these frames.

Which is a better buy? why?

Thanks.

2. TrialsinKy

TrialsinKy Member

I'm having the same problem with the same frames. At this point i'm gonna go with whatevers cheaper so I can get some other parts.

3. bonzai

bonzai The brown guy

I'm thinking the same thing!!

By the way can the urban be fitted with V's or maguras/hyd. rim brakes?

4. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Hard to say really, they're both made by the same company. I've ridden a few echos, but no zoo. The echos do feel really nice on the rear wheel, but they're kinda short :hs:. You can get the urban with either V or hs33 mounts. if you're planning on running an hs33, I would definitely get the 4bolt mounts. If you want to ride Vs, you should definitely go with the V mounts. Adapters are available either way (4 bolt -> V & V -> HS33), though the 4bolt -> V are harder to find.

Echo Urban: http://www.echobike.com/urbanframe.htm

Let us know if you have anymore questions

5. bonzai

bonzai The brown guy

6. Elan

Elan steve french

the echo urban is just an ES3, now if you were getting a pure, that would be a good echo. but for trials specific grometry, the zoo piranha that i have is 10X better than the any echo ive ever ridden, and a lot cheaper. i dont know what the boa geometry is.

7. TrialsinKy

TrialsinKy Member

I did wonder about the Urbans just because I know too many people who have broken Echo's but the zoo's are made by Echo so it could go either way strength wise.

8. Elan

Elan steve french

unless your some kind of lumox you shouldnt really break a frame. TRA is riding echo right now, i wonder how many frames hes broken? possibly 0 because hes smooth enough. who knows.

9. Pancho

Pancho New Member

TRA isn't smooth.

He lacks style and butter, but goes big anyhow.

Anyhow, Echos are nice, Zoos are nice. echo=zoo. If you're happy with one, you'll be happy with the other.

10. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

get a woodman T-pro if you want a real frameand you're on a budget. It's the best riding bike out there besides the Koxx, and it's extremely close. I only got the Koxx because i knew i wouldn't break it. You are really cheating yourself by not getting a Woodman, Koxx, or Echo Pure.

11. Lagerhead

Lagerhead New Member

(only slightly off topic...)

What about the Woodman frame the has an actual seat tube that you can put a seat in. It seems similar. Has anyone seen one of these?

12. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

The woodman elite is the one you are thinking of. It looks more like a street oriented frame. Probably very nice, but the T-pro feels like a perfect comp bike.