Echo Tires

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Little Android Man, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Little Android Man

Little Android Man Free Cup!

Hey i read somewhere on this site that echo tires suck. Im in need of 2 rear tires, webcyclery has no mod tires at all, Graham didnt either, so right now im stuck with echo from trialsin. My question is do they suck really bad compared to monty blackwalls? right now im basically riding a slick with holes in it, so pretty much anything can be better, but is echo really all that bad?

if it is, are there other places in the US that carries mod stuff or am I going to end up ordering from canada? Also i need a set before June 20, so i can ride at Mt Snow.

thanks..

2. evan

evan Guest

They're a godsend to me after having an El Gato. They're still pretty shitty though.

3. AndyT

AndyT New Member

4. Little Android Man

i emailed and called and pm'd and he said he didnt have any.

5. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

because i stole them..

6. Little Android Man

you should sell them...

7. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

im goin to send them back to graham..

8. piss off

piss off Guest

the echo tires are not bad if you trial urban...but for natural trail you use better the try all sticky tires....they are lovelie,wonderfull,nicelie...what ride you???mod or stock???

Last edited: Jun 7, 2004
  9. AndyT

AndyT New Member

oh well

I do know graham has like 5 more cous frames sitting in his room. er... I mean shop.

10. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

How big is that shop??:p

11. Ed Gildea

Ed Gildea New Member

its big, really big.. huge ;)

12. Little Android Man

ed are you really sending them to graham? if you are maybe we can work something out so i can get one or two?

and piss off-i ride alot of urban but im finding natural here and there, ive had a tryall front for a while and i love it, i cant get a tryall thats why im asking about echo. its the only other thing thats available.

13. piss off

piss off Guest

a good friend of me has the maxxis creepy crawler and he said, he has very good grip....maybe you use this....but the echo tires are good too...i ride many natural so i use the try all tires....

14. Little Android Man

creepy crawlers arent out yet for us in the US unless you have special privelages..

15. piss off

piss off Guest

i am from germany and here is the creepy crawler for sale

16. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

mod trials market bigger in europe!??!? the maxxis tires wont be for sale here in the states for several more months.

the echo tires are not as good as the monty ones in my experience... and considering how the monty tires are that is saying nothing good for the echos.

hey what am i saying- if you want a set of mod tires shoot me a pm. i have a bunch of crap laying around i will never use.

17. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

do you ride with marko blau?

18. piss off

piss off Guest

no,he is from switzerland but i know marko from mtb forum in germany...

19. piss off

piss off Guest

here is a text wrote by marko...he has maxxis creepy crawler...sorry, but it is in german

Die Maxxis Creepy Crawler Reifen sind die griffigsten von allen, die ich bisher ausprobiert habe. Die Haftung ist deutlich besser als bei den Montys, die vorher am bike waren. Das Gewicht ist mit 620/1000g im normalen Bereich ähnlich Monty, eher leichter. Die sehr weiche 40a durometer Gummimischung wird auch in Maxxis Downhill-Reifen verwendet. Zu einem Plattfuss kam es bisher nicht.