echo pure, now with v-brakes

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by AgrAde, Mar 6, 2004.

1. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

look at my sexy long pure. i guess it's a pure on the cheap. the wheelbase comes out to be 1095 - i think my forks are bent, they are a lot shorter than the pure forks - that should make it steeper head angle/shorter wheelbase in theory? heh.

echo frame, stem, bar, cranks, rear hub, rear rim.
    cheap lightie XC front wheel, nothing to it really. completely bald kujo on the rear - the red layer is starting to show through.
    deore v-brakes on rear, promax v-brakes on front. ancient pads. VP pedals. bent raceline trials forks.
    and that was a biketrials.com sticker on the side of the fork, but years of abuse renders it a smear of goop and paper. i'm painting them sooner or later - that way i dont have to look at the rusting all down the side

as you can see she's a bit of a shocker, i'm getting some decent v-brakes for the rear and putting the deores up front, getting some decent pads and a new back tire. after that it should be real nice. as soon as possible i'll be grinding the rear rim too.

it's a hair off 24 pounds. no, the front brake isn't set up. no, i dont have a tube for the rear wheel yet. yes, i have a quick release on my uni plastic seat.

[​IMG]

2. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Nice ride AgrAde, let us know how you like it once you get the thing fully up and running :)

Bill

3. B1105

B1105 New Member

Where did you get that seat? I need one for my zebdi.

4. AgrAde

umm, it is an ancient one that the echo importer gave me. sorry, can't help you there.

went for a ride on it today, its nice but the stem is too short. a bit more effort required to keep the front up and its a little awkward but thats just me getting used to the thing.

super nice on the rocks compared to most. with a field of wheel sized rocks i made up some mock sections and with most of them i breezed through like i never would have been able to with my old pooper. took her virginity with a few stacks on the rocks and missed sidehops.

you wont believe how nice these v-brakes are :)
    pooguras in teh ass

5. willapaj

willapaj New Member

is that a quick-release on your seatpost?!

6. AgrAde

yeah, the seat's 'post' was originally shaved down quite a bit for some other frame, its only a loose fit in the echo now. why, do you want me to jam tape in the hole instead so i can save 150 grams?

oh yeah, i got a scholarship at school for $500, its going straight into a new tire and brakes :bigthumb:

7. airmj

airmj Guest

what pads are u using for ur v brakes?

8. AgrAde

the ones that came stock with my deores, and some 5 year old BBB ones that i have been using constantly and don't show any signs of wear :rofl: but they work.

seeing i only ride in the dry, i just use an ickle bit of super soft road tar. if people knew how to apply this stuff then noone would even bother with roofing tar...
    sounds like nails on a blackboard but way higher pitched, enough modulation to manual. kinda like some random aluminium hayes disk i tried a while back, but a bit louder.

as soon as i can be assed, i'm off to get some decent pads and an angle grinder though, riding on muddy crap interests me.

9. snide-O

snide-O New Member

are they making the Pure with v-mounts now, or did you have to customize something to make those fit?

10. AndyT

AndyT New Member

I thought you were like an echo importer or something mike :dunno:

He just put holes in a little thing called sheet metal....I :rofl: at the engineering people who have been designing crap for 3 months and still have nothing.

11. uownme

uownme get high and eat her

Are you running a 18t cog on the front?

What gear are you running in the rear? My 18-17 is a hair to hard ..

12. B1105

B1105 New Member

Wait,a re you running adaptors in the rear? I thought Echo Pures were only 4 bolt dedicated mounts...

13. AndyT

AndyT New Member

reading > you

14. AgrAde

oh jesus. yes, adapters. hey, this is kinda like trials-forum :rofl:

anyway, i think its 18/16. i just ride it until it feels good.

15. AgrAde

OMGZZZ! new forks, tire and pooguras!

i hate maguras with a vengance, especially when they are held on with a hose clamp :ugh2:

[​IMG]

16. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

so why did you put Poogura's on if you hate them so much????

17. AgrAde

because i broke my adapter, and am in the process of making a new one.

stem is longer too, but its going back to being short because it feels like i'm riding a fucking tandem when i roll down stuff, and doesn't seem to benefit me too much in any way.

18. Coramoor

Coramoor New Member

Hehe. I hate vees too. Especially when I use a really bad wire and housing and they are setup bad... :ugh2:

hehe.. just kidding. But you have to set the maggies up right..

19. DMArnt

DMArnt Guest

She looks nice . I'd be keen to give her a blast. Thats if u share of course. :bigthumb:

"There are 10 changes in the two pictures above, can u spot them?"

Did u have a good stack between the first pic and ur second? Noticed that the end of ur right hand grip is missing. Oh, just gave away one of the changes.

My Poogura's also have been giving me grief. Thanks to a flat head screw driver, 5 mins, and miles and miles of black tar roads, I have sorted them.

I surpised someond has'nt said "ur brakes are around the wrong way"

:werd:

20. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

Rear Quick Release Different Position
    Maxxis Minion DH 2.5 Rear Tyre
    Different Grips/Damaged grips
    New Forks
    New Seat Post Clamp, gold.
    Maguras
    Longer Stem