Echo Pure BB size

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by LukeBTRaven, Jul 4, 2004.

1. LukeBTRaven

LukeBTRaven Guest

Hey i have got an echo pure but dont know what the exact BB size is? i have burns on square taper and i want to know what size i can run to be comfortable i have been told 118 mm but surley i can run smaller than this any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks luke.

1 person likes this.
  2. echoteam13

echoteam13 Guest

there is no wayyou can run anything less than a 118 spindle. and even then, 118 can be pushin the envelope a bit. my bud is runnin a 118 shimano XT BB an he has to use a spacer to keep his bashring from rubbin on the yoke, but he has a black spire granny god whichis pretty big. maybe with a smaller bash, you won't have those problems.

another issue that comes up with a small spindle is yo tend to have clearance issues with your shoes catchin on the rear break, which would be minimized with a longer spindle.

overall, the 118 will work, but i suggest seeking something a bit bigger. try a try-all.

3. Spacemunkee

Spacemunkee Guest

i run a 118 on my zoo boa.. trust me go bigger ive had some bad bad bails doing gaps because my shoe has got caught under my magura cylinder .. + it really kills your ankles when you 180 off stuff. i think i have precisely less than 2 mm clearence between my yoke and chainring and i run middleburns square taper... UNFUN if thats a word