Echo pure 2004 model

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by kenneth, Jun 3, 2004.

1. kenneth

kenneth Guest

Anyone know anything about it? Geo, wheight...?

Thanks

2. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

Hey Keneth I know a bit about the bike from the site and from looks.

1085mm wheelbase , chain stays are the same head tube i don't know and it appears to have a shorter seat tube so more standover room. From the head tube to the rear hub the frame is almost completely straight like a Koxx. I like the changes a lot , and here is a pic.........Enjoy..........

[​IMG]

3. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

fudge, now I really dont know... Pitbull 1090, BT Raven 4.0, or Pure 2004...

It looks nice. 71.5 head angle, +10mm bb, 1" more stand over height, CNC'd seatstay thing to reduce flex. I wonder where to get a seat like that though...

4. rider

rider New Member

its a fu...ing beauty.. thats what it is.

5. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

It still has that strangely ungly appearance though, it really bothers me. I think the tubes are rounder with a different finnish, an improvement.

6. B1105

B1105 New Member

I'd go for a Levelboss over it, but it still looks good.

7. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

Bt Raven cause it is cheaper and stiffer(these asian bikes are way too flexy) . But I like the changes of this bike though.

8. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

but the pure has a more desirable bb height for me. I guess it just depends which I can get soonest.

9. Coramoor

Coramoor New Member

The dropouts look cheap. Bike looks good though. I'm getting sick of polished alu frames..

10. rider

rider New Member

Bloodhound: BB height (drop) on the Pure is +-0 isnt it? And Raven like +5-8?? Anyone know?

11. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

yes this is true.

Where did you get the idea it was 10+ bb Bloudhound??

with a pure fork the Bt is 5+ and with a pure fork the Pure is even.

12. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

+10 on the new pure, supposed to be +5 on the BT but it looks more like 0-10mm drop.

13. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

...because it says so on Echo's site.

14. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

you may be right but that pic looks even to me?? :?

15. sebLG

sebLG New Member

i cant believe they left the seat in .. and i cant believe they left it like almost exactly the same. frames are coming a long way, but pures are staying the same. they didnt even change the damn welds on the damn brake mounts.

16. rider

rider New Member

Well believe it or not but some of us still likes the idea of a seat option. How boring wouldnt it be if ALL bike evolved to the same...

17. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

dropouts on trials bikes are all cheap... the nicest dropuouts i have seen ona stock frame so far are on the brisa and the new xtp2... why spend money on a facnier dropout that does the same exact thing when you can order 2000 parts from a catalog in taiwan for a fraction of the price. all it has to do is hold your wheel and stay put at the ends of the seat/chain stays.