Echo Es3

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by B1105, Feb 19, 2004.

1. B1105

B1105 New Member

Hey guys, I'm considering buying an Echo ES3 frame/bike. Any ideas on it? Its 15" stays, 4.2 lbs and used. Ive heard Echo's warranty is terrible?
    Thanks, any input would be great.
    Byron

2. Gardenfan

Gardenfan New Member

You are buying it used, so no warranty for you no matter what.

3. B1105

B1105 New Member

Hmm ok, does this frame have 4 bolt mounts or canti mounts?(if you know)

4. RobbieP

RobbieP OTN FOR A THOUSAND MORE YEARS I SAY

Um, since you're buying an echo es3 frame...

I'm selling an Echo ES4R frame for $175.

It was used for 2 months by me and I'm pretty smooth. one tiny ding in the downtube and minor scratches.

$175.... god who WOULDNT buy it for that much??????
    think about it.

-Robbie Pfunder

5. Coramoor

Coramoor New Member

canti mounts.
    http://home.no.net/markusni/echo.jpg <---- picture of an es3.

I've read post by several people claiming that they're frames were replaced when they broke. This of course implies 2 thing. The warranty is ok and these frames break! I'd stay away from it if possible. But It will probably ride well enough before i breaks.

6. B1105

B1105 New Member

God thats a good price, lemme see though, are they 4 bolt mounts or canti? I really wanted canti because i wanted to keep my v brakes. Also the ESr4 is a 72.5 head tube while the Es3 which is older has a 74. What are the advantages of either? Robbie, would you trade anything for the frame also? Let me know,
    B1105@aol.com or PM me.

7. KenC

KenC Member

I am riding an es3 currently (until my Coustellier comes in...). It hasn't failed me at all so far. I like the handling, real fast/quick. Good for urban with the extra welded plates on the downtube and stays gives you a little sense of security. It's real comfortable on the rear wheel with the short chainstays. And with canti mounts. The only reason i'm selling mine is because I'm 6'7" and wanted a longer bike. Oh, in case you care, i'm selling mine for $200, but willing to haggle for the price. :cool: Let me know if you are interested.

8. AndyT

AndyT New Member

hmm old poopy es3 with ugly colors ridden a long time for $200, or basically brand new es4r for $175...prestine and sexy...

9. B1105

B1105 New Member

Yea, i was set on getting an Es3 really cheap or that Es4r, but i saw some dude crack his es3 right near the headtube. it was some british guy so maybe he rode it too hard, but that picture really scares me, right now im kinda unsure of echos. Many people have claimed they break easily so it was somewhat of a turn off. I'm only 130 lbs and still kinda beggining, but i just dont want to screw myself up. But i will think about it.
    Byron

10. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

Just about every ES3 broke after monthes of ridding, this frame was a faliure for Echo. I have one.

11. B1105

B1105 New Member

hmm that doesnt sound good

12. RobbieP

RobbieP OTN FOR A THOUSAND MORE YEARS I SAY

havent heard any complaints about hte es4r? wonder why

13. hophopsnap

hophopsnap New Member

......buy and echo lol..............hmm what about a monty x-alp? :?

14. ty

ty shizzle dizzle

id say you will be best off on robbie's es4r, i had an alp and they are ok to learn on but you will soon out grow it, do yourself a favor and buy robbie's, you wont be limited by the bikes capabilities and come on for $175 why not?!