Echo czar opinion

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by newbie60, Jan 12, 2020.

1. newbie60

newbie60 New Member

Hi,

I'm having trouble deciding between the Inspired Fourplay Pro and the Czar Neuron Pro. The Inspired might be an obvious choice, but I am in Australia where there are no Inspired dealers, so it's an extra 350AUD (170GBP) to get it shipped by TartyBikes. What are your experiences with Czar? Please let me know which one I should get.

2. Swoofty

Swoofty Member

There's nothing wrong with the Czar Neuron. I've had 2 of them (26 & 24) and I've just ordered another 26. They are strong, light and well built. The only thing different from the 4Play is the BB and the tensioner. I'm not crazy about Spanish bottom brackets like the Czar has, or I guess I should say i don't like the isis cranks available. On both my Neurons I used 24mm bearings and BMX 24mm spacers in the BB so I could run Shimano/24mm spindle cranks. 30mm cups are also available for Spanish BB if you want to run BB30. That all adds a little extra work, but only if you don't want isis, otherwise, all good! The tensioner is overbuilt and a little funky. The older one has larger jockey wheels and is better than the newer small wheel version. I cut the top jockey off and only use the lower wheel and that works for both of them.

Having said all that, if you're buying the bike complete, none of what I said will matter and it will all work perfectly as is. Since the value of the Pound went back up, 4Plays are really overpriced again if you're not in the UK. My Czar is my favorite bike. Hope that helps.