Echo control

Discussion in 'Beginner's Area' started by Luriks, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Luriks

Luriks Member

Hi. I've just ordered echo control 1065 and i don't realy know wich fork to buy for this frame. I'm about 1.82m, 73kg. Sorry about the metric system...
    I was thinking about echo urban fork.
    Really high touch up is my wish but I'm also trying to learn manual and 360 drop of...
    I also don't know wich disc to put on it. Deore? Hayes?
    And aaa, does enybody know how long do I have to wait for a gold version of ChrisKing singlespeed?
    Please help me out.
    TNX guys.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2004
  2. aj2four0

aj2four0 New Member

not sure about the fork, but avid mechanical seems to be the disc standard.

3. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

the colored king hubs are done in runs, once every 3-6 months depending on demand
    avid mechanical disc, hands down
    as far as fork, i have a planet x kniffen super light, absolutly love it, the fact that its steel give me some extra confidence....

4. Boo_Berry

Boo_Berry Guest

are you thinking a hydro or mech for the front disc, cuz if you want hydros, hope mini disc is pretty good, same with the magura julie and marta i think... hayes are mostly for DH or DS or freeriding, not so much trials. and deore is kinda heavy, but an alternative to hayes. for mech go with avid. if you want V's XTRs kinda blow, avid arch supreme would be the best bet.

the Brisa elite or whatever fork is expensive but worth it if u can afford it. i'm running a knifen lite, hasn't failed me yet! Koxx is another alternative, but also quite pricey,

5. Luriks

Luriks Member

What about Avid Juicy Seven with 160 rotors? Is it worth the money and weight (395g)? Or it's too much for trials?

6. RyanMcVicker

RyanMcVicker Well-Known Member

Just get avid mechanical with a 185 rotor. They work great, my old hydro disc was crizap compared to my avid... Plus, if you have to take the front wheel off, you won't have to worry about blowing a seal with the avids...

I would probobly get the urban fork.