Dropout problem on my BT

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by Bigman 86, May 25, 2004.

1. Bigman 86

Bigman 86 Bigman, Because i am ;)

I just took my wheel out, so I could straighten my mech hanger, and had a close look a the dropouts and noticed that they have been shaped upwards, towards the front of the frame, is there anything I can do to sort the problem, would it be covered by warrenty?

Thanks Adam

2. AgrAde

AgrAde From your head to your fists

if its a manufacturer error then certainly. got a pic?

3. AndyT

AndyT New Member

impossible- only the best quality goes into cheap polish frames.

/BAIT

4. Elan

Elan steve french

sounds like a hub problem maybe? my hub kidna fell apart without me noticing and did the same thing to my zoo a while back...

5. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

I haven't seen this happen to mine yet. We shall see I guess. On the upside it will make the stays shorter :)

6. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

draw a picture as im not sure any one actualy understands what you are talking about.

do you mean the whole dropout is bending upwards or the slot in the dropout is being warn out upwards and fowards. or somthing completly different

7. Elan

Elan steve french

from what i got is that the drop outs are being worn up or forwards or somthings? a detailed drawing with colors and poining things and descriptions should help

8. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

It would be nice to see a picture though

9. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

if that is the case i cant see how that would be a defect. Sounds to me like your skewer isnt tight enough or it is loose and your bearings are rough so it is ripping through it.

10. Bigman 86

Bigman 86 Bigman, Because i am ;)

Yes, it is as if it has been worn forwards and up, i have my skewer plenty tight enough.
    I will be getting a king soon, and i will be getting funbolts so they should hold the hub in better.

Thankd, Adam

11. planetary1

planetary1 New Member

that frame is cool except for the V brake mounts...

12. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

They are now avialable in 4Bolt. Talk to RomanC about getting some in his next shipment.