drivetrain question.....

Discussion in 'Mountain States' started by Sethbomb, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Sethbomb

Sethbomb New Member

I'm about to order BONZ cranks because they're cheaper and lighter than Middleburns, am I going to regret it?
    Also I ordered the truvativ DH BB to go with it....anyone use it?

I post this in the Co forum because I really only want to hear the opinion of those riders I know and trust, I don't need fifty different opinions from people who have never ridden the components in question.....

2. OTAdmin

OTAdmin Administrator Staff Member

I don't think you'll regret it at all. I love my bonz cranks, super stiff and strong. I haven't checked out their splined stuff in person yet, but if they did as good of a job making those as their square taper stuff, you have nothing to worry about. Call up Tim, bonz (www.bikebonz.com), and webcyclery to see if they've been getting warrantied stuff back.

WC has the best price I've seen, $200 for ISIS: http://www.webcyclery.com/.docs/product_id/1725/pg/product_details.html

Bill

3. Patrick

Patrick New Member

Seth,
    I have the Bonz square taper cranks and like them alot.. I also used to ride with the Truvativ DH BB. It's a freakin tank.. overkill. Get something lighter.

4. Sethbomb

Sethbomb New Member

5. Elan

Elan steve french

you bought kevin's XTP right? if so, you need atleast a 123mm BB, im sure it is a 128mm though... i am riding a 128 Raceface signature dh or somthing, its not that bad.

6. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

the middleburns have lighter arms but a heavier bashring or something like that. the bonz cranks are sweet though- you will like them a lot. the truvative bb is heavy but it is super reliable. the bearings in them are very good and the spindle is very high quality stuff. the race face bb's have dingleberries for bearings and weigh nearly as much as the truvativ one. the fsa platinum pro dh bb is great stuff. if you can get ahold of one of these- go for that. otherwise the tryall and truvativ bb's are the next highest choices on my list. get a 128mm. anything less will give you nightmares.

7. Sethbomb

Sethbomb New Member

Done, thanks didn't have the Truvativ one in stock anyway, so I got the try-all one..........thnaks guys.