drivetrain parts questions

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by RyanMcVicker, Aug 27, 2004.

1. RyanMcVicker

RyanMcVicker Well-Known Member

A couple teeth are missing in my 16 tooth cog (third gear) so I went into my local shop and asked if they had a cassette or cog to replace it with, but they had nothing at all, they couldn't even find anything to order that would work. also, they tried to take the cassette off, but they couldnt get it off, do I have to do somthing special to get a cassette off a echo fixed hub?

What cassette/cog setup should i buy for an echo fixed hub? (6speed)

2. Elan

Elan steve french

i have an old school shimano cassette cog with full teeth (cant shift). 16T, fits on any cassette hub. ill sell it to you for $5+ shipping. if you dont mind running with one speed, this will be the best set up you can get, but if you want to shift, it wont work. ill get a picture

3. RyanMcVicker

RyanMcVicker Well-Known Member

no thanks elan,

I just want to get a very good brand new cassette that is very strong, whats the best setup that will go on an echo fixed hub?

4. tomacropod

tomacropod Rum Pig

to go onto an echo fixed hub, just get yourself a cheap shimano gig, low end MTB ones are heavy but solid cogs, take off the top four and you're set.

- Joel

5. Elan

Elan steve french

hg-70 road cassette is what i took apart for my bike. works well. no weak carriers.

6. MikeTheBike

MikeTheBike Active Member

You probably cannot get the old cassette off of the Echo fixed hub because the individual cogs in the cassette may have cut into the hub's splines. Try using a chain whip to rotate the cassette in reverse to get the splines lined back up. You may still have to beat the cassette off with a hammer from the back.

Good luck.