Observed Trials banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
From your head to your fists
4,291 Posts
Anything else I post is probably just going to be high end mountain bike stuff. That's what I'm surrounded by now and retro mountain bikes kinda suck for the terrain we have here.

Bicycle Tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

·
4,291 Posts
Ibis bikes ride really well, I'd totally have one. Shame you can't get hold of one, covid has fucked heaps of my friends' bike plans.

If you're judging bikes by their paint, or by Lopes, or what country they're designed or made in, those problems are your own. Chinese and Taiwanese factories produce higher quality alloy and carbon frames than anywhere else. Everyone knows that Lopes is a wanker, the paint looks great and although I'm not on board with Ibis' swoopy designs, I can appreciate that it's exceptionally functional.

·
4,291 Posts
you missin the point... the company was amazing, american designed and made- they lost their shit, came back not american- fake as fuck to me, i have no interest.
I'm pretty sure Ibis is currently 100% US owned, and directed by the original owner, and all design is done in Cali. So i'm not sure I'd call them fake.

In other news, I'd love one of these.
Bicycle Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Wheel Bicycle wheel rim

·
4,291 Posts
I mean, Evil is a great example of a company that sold out to the worst aspects of Chinese manufacturing and had all their frames break immediately for years before figuring out that you can't just send some drawings to China and get back a product that you can clip the ticket on.

·
4,291 Posts
Just because I deeply value your opinion and am desperately seeking your validation, what do you think of the frame I'm working on in the cad model above? It is to be made of steel, eventually Ti if I ever make a second one.

The Evils are a good looking bike. Maybe not this one, which I spent a bit of time on:

Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Crankset

1 - 8 of 8 Posts