Observed Trials banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
tda
1,662 Posts
Easy fix agrade... If your newest mtb is over 20 years old, everything still rides the same.

I used to ride a 23c tired single speed 1980s hybrid peugeot steel frame bike down los angeles’ closest downhill /technical trail- tons of rocks and stream crossings. I would destroy people on that rigid $100 bike, them new $5,000 bikes don’t make anyone go fast..

I’ve also never ridden any mtb bikes made since 2001... so I know nothing of new technologies

·
tda
1,662 Posts
Am I the only ibis hater ? I had an alibi in the late 90s, they started as a california great bicycle situatuon... didnt they get sold to ching chang chiner in the early 2000s? Brian lopes had one at hans reys and I tried to talk about that, he was not interested.

edit- yeah the owner sold it and they went bankrupt in 2000, the last time I ever looked at mtb “trends”.. the new ones look so gross but all of new mountain bike stuff looks hideous so par for the course. Giving people eye AIDS one disgusting paint job and bizarre frame shape after another.

·
tda
1,662 Posts
I thought you had a steel Mojo that you loved? I've owned 3 Ibis, I've ridden with Scott Nichol and I was in an article with John Castellano and Steve Potts so i might be a little biased.
they bought it back ? as long as its still all USA i am into it... I raced on an alibi, but had a steel mojo and dreamed of that ti small full suspension frame they had....

·
tda
1,662 Posts
In all honesty, if i could have any bike in the world right now it would be this:
Rotwild E750 ebike I'm old, what can i say. It's only $10600. :ROFLMAO: View attachment 42214

I don’t even know what any of that is 🤣

No one guessed my frame... easily greatest bike i ever rode,

Font Screenshot Parallel Rectangle Number

Bicycle Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Tire Bicycle tire

and id take its coaster brake 40 year old single speed klunkin klunk down any trail faster than 90% of ibis or bizarre $100,000 batman bike with gay ass tubes iders.

·
tda
1,662 Posts
Ibis bikes ride really well, I'd totally have one. Shame you can't get hold of one, covid has fucked heaps of my friends' bike plans.

If you're judging bikes by their paint, or by Lopes, or what country they're designed or made in, those problems are your own. Chinese and Taiwanese factories produce higher quality alloy and carbon frames than anywhere else. Everyone knows that Lopes is a wanker, the paint looks great and although I'm not on board with Ibis' swoopy designs, I can appreciate that it's exceptionally functional.
you missin the point... the company was amazing, american designed and made- they lost their shit, came back not american- fake as fuck to me, i have no interest. I’m sure china makes great whatever new lame frame tech, i never seen welds like on my alibi... unreal skills makin them. and the paint job !! Humanity is going through a severe devolution since the 90s, aesthetics are gone in every aspect of human life. New buildings, cars, everything horrid. Eye raping painfully bad design. A retarded cloud encapsulated humanities taste... I blame the iphone

Again the newest mountain bike I’ve ridden is from the year 2000, 26” wheels is all ive touched... never full suspension, never hydro brakes, nothing higher than 9 speeds. I live in the dark ages, and im sure if I rode a new bike I’d be insanely amazed.

attached a picture of my favorite bike i’ve ever ridden on singletrack- nothing has ever felt as good as this bike felt.

Bicycle Cloud Sky Wheel Daytime

·
tda
1,662 Posts
I’ll rest my case with these two screenshots, one of cancerous pollops removed from the anuses of douchebags - the other of triple triangle greatness.

what side do you choose

Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

Bicycle Wheel Land vehicle Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

·
tda
1,662 Posts
I'm pretty sure Ibis is currently 100% US owned, and directed by the original owner, and all design is done in Cali. So i'm not sure I'd call them fake.

In other news, I'd love one of these.
View attachment 42220

love them cancerous growths i see ! Like a chinese bug

beautiful shenzhen china, where the Mojo manufacturing poisonous dust fills the air
Skyscraper Atmosphere Building Natural landscape Tower block

:)

edit, just saw this bike it’s something i would let someone give to me for free and not be embarrassed to ride
Bicycle Sky Cloud Tire Wheel

·
tda
1,662 Posts
I mean, Evil is a great example of a company that sold out to the worst aspects of Chinese manufacturing and had all their frames break immediately for years before figuring out that you can't just send some drawings to China and get back a product that you can clip the ticket on.
I don’t even know what evil is, but that bike looks just fine. No aesthetic eye raping

·
tda
1,662 Posts
Just because I deeply value your opinion and am desperately seeking your validation, what do you think of the frame I'm working on in the cad model above? It is to be made of steel, eventually Ti if I ever make a second one.

The Evils are a good looking bike. Maybe not this one, which I spent a bit of time on:

View attachment 42226
the purple didnt bother me till the brake/rotor situation which screams “i love buying poppers”

That GTA computer thing ? I don’t play videogames. But if something lived in the real world made out of steel that looked like that, I’d happily test ride it for free. 26” only . nice work

1 - 9 of 9 Posts