downtown dallas

Discussion in 'South/South West, USA' started by charles, Sep 30, 2004.

1. charles

charles New Member

any of ya'll goin on the downtown dallas ride tomorrow at 7:30?

2. Trialsaddict

Trialsaddict I have no idea.

I'll be down town tonight, not to ride, but to hit the bars. Maybe I'll see you guys pass by. :bigthumb: Have fun.

Laterz

3. charles

charles New Member

lazy...u burn calories riding THEN you hit the bars

4. Trialsaddict

Ha ha...yea I would, but my friend from out of town doesn't ride. Sooo, picking up girls was more exciting I guess. I'll join in next time.

5. charles

charles New Member

eh it really wasn't that great anyway...got a few ups and stuff in but about 45 minutes into it one of the guys hucked off a 5 foot drop on his DH bike. he faceplanted, broke his helmet, and got taken away in the abulance. then it started raining...so u didn't miss much

6. Trialsaddict

Holly crap....what do ya mean I didn't miss anything...that is crazy. I figured the ride would get cancelled anyways due to the rain. Who crashed? They okay?

7. charles

charles New Member

guy named justin or "flyshit" at rogue posse

8. charles

charles New Member

he has a huge scar on his head, pics of it at the posse site. he has a fractered vertebrae...so yeah. he should be out today

9. austintrials

austintrials I'm a bitch

hey what's the website. i wanna see or post the pic on OTN

10. austintrials

austintrials I'm a bitch

damn i get error An Error Has Occured!
    You are not allowed to access this section.
    Even after I just reg. I can see the post and it says that i am loged in, but i just cant see that link that you gave....oh and by the way, thank you.

11. Trialsaddict

THE PICTURES

I spoke to the guys at RP, and got permission to post the pictures. So, here they are. Latest word, he is doing well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. austintrials

austintrials I'm a bitch

Son 'o' bitch

holy shit ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !:barf:
    that's all i can say, damn i've never busted it that damn hard, hurt back, broken fingures and lower teeth thru lip, but Holy Shit:wtf:

*******i take it that by the pix he wasnt wearing helmit :down:******

ok im stoopid now i see it ......."broke his helmet"

13. Patrick

Patrick New Member

jesusss... how the hell did he faceplant off a 5 foot drop? Didn't pull on the bars???? Where was the drop located?

14. Trialsaddict

Yes, he was wearing a helmet. It cracked open like an egg on impact.

I didn't see the crash, but he was attempting to do a drop or something, and all went bad.... The front wheel hit first, and then went backwards causing him to slam into the pavement. Not sure on the location, other than down town Dallas.

OUCH.

15. charles

charles New Member

umm if u have been on a downtown dallas ride, one of the first things the guys ride to is this water area. there sometimes is water in this big cement pond thing and sometimes there isn't. trials guys usually hop around on the circular benches there, while the freeriders do this dirt jump thing on a hill. there's a 5 foot drop off off a cement block thing and onto another cement block thing and then into the pool thing.

16. charles

charles New Member

he either didn't pull up hard enough or he tapped the rear brake, went face first. it may have been cause it's hard to kick a downhill bike and pull up with it...iono

17. Sonic

Sonic Plaid, I have not gone.

The fountain in front of Reunion Arena? It's empty right now? That makes an awesome place to ride while empty I bet. :Sonic:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Patrick

Patrick New Member

Yeah, I know the drop you're talking about. sounds really painful. Hopefully his head heals up ok.

19. charles

charles New Member

yeah that be the drop there, thx for the pic