DONT LOOK IF YOU GET JEALOUS EASILY!!!

Discussion in 'Your Bike Trials Media' started by KoxxLevelRider, Jul 16, 2004.

1. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

nice....kings rock, i love mine

2. esfrost

esfrost New Member

Looks really sweet!! i like these chris king stuff :)

3. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

nice desk, nice kings too!

4. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Wow...a 22-12 ratio is gonna be brutal.....I dunno if an 18-12 would be that bad though...:?

What are the other components/frame?

5. KoxxLevelRider

KoxxLevelRider Member

im goin wit 18-12....i got a level boss long. i just ordered a lot of parts should be comming in within 2 weeks(tryall from webcyclery) ill wait till i have it all on then ill show everybody. should be pimp IMO

6. B1105

B1105 New Member

Nice, are you running a front freewheel setup?

7. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

Kings have rear freewheel :hs:

Sick, your set up sounds like it may be similair to mine! Have fun with it! King is sooo nice :bigthumb: Post pictures when it's all said and done

Last edited: Jul 16, 2004
  8. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Steffen L.T.

18-12!!?? is it different on mods or sumthing cuz that ratio would be completely unreasonably hard on a stock

9. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

Mod standard is 18 12....

10. RomanC

RomanC Well-Known Member

I think the smaller diameter of the rear wheel on the mod allows the 18-12 to be a reasonable ratio. On a 26inch wheel such ratio would be just ridiculous.

11. B1105

B1105 New Member

I know Kings have a rear freewheel, but you can still run a front freewheel setup with a freewheel in the back.

12. RomanR

RomanR DualDisc 26"

But that would work pretty damn crappy, since the engagement points would be less than either the front or rear points, because the first freewheel has to engage, then the second one, so it takes twice as long for anything to happen. No point really, people have tried it and found out it sucks.

Very nice hubs by the way, can't wait to see them on your bike, I'm sure they're gonna make it look awesome, and ride great.

13. Andreas

Andreas All About Trials

i think BMF Chris said that if one of your two freewheels has lesser engagements, that is what your engagement point total will be. IE-Rear CK hub (72), front ACS claw (12), then you would have 12 engagements....Nice try on the cover up though ;)

Edit: :hsugh: why on earth would you pay for a CK bmx hub but not want to use the 72 engagements....just seemed like you were trying to cover up a dumb post

Last edited: Jul 16, 2004
  14. B1105

B1105 New Member

Cover up? I read that post by BMF Chris also, I know you get the lesser of the two, my original intention of saying that was to say that if he were using a front freewheel setup, the CK hub in the rear would be a waste since he wouldnt get those engagements. Maybe stop assuming what people are saying.

15. oicdn

oicdn Guest

Oh...OK...I missed the portion on it being a mod from another post...my bad......on a mod it's not unreasonable.Smaller wheel diameter makes the pedal stroke easier...like stated above somewhere...

16. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

im assuming your using a ffw crank and a 18t fixed cog?

17. Peace

Peace pedocrab

i like the look of that bmx hub! but my classic is goin great so ill stick with her :) very nice purchases though!
    Peace

18. sebLG

sebLG New Member

what?? yeah isnt the reason one buys a CHRIS KING for very excessive amounts of money to have quality engagement?? :ugh:

cool hubs. i have front and rear kings too, we all feel very cool ey ... :Sonic:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2004
  19. tomeleyskins

tomeleyskins Guest

ACS have 36 engagements :nono: