DM24 or RhynoLite for front

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by funkysensubean, Sep 18, 2004.

1. Elan

Elan steve french

whichever one is wider or cheaper... they are basically both just middle of the road rims, i personally would side with teh rhynolite, because i have used the mbefore, and htey seem to be good stuff. .... or get a real front rim.

2. Lil RomEo

Lil RomEo New Member

Ive heard the Rhyno light has a crapppy braking surface.

3. Elan

Elan steve french

so grind it..every rim has a crappy braking surface.

4. funkysensubean

funkysensubean Guest

i see that they both go around the same price. i personally own a rear rhynolite for the rear, but i know that evolves have teh DM24. my rhynolite is decent and the DM24 on my friends evolve seems the same. just wanted to get your input. right now im inbetween bikes

Last edited: Sep 18, 2004
  5. Elan

Elan steve french

the evolve is possibly the crappiest bike ever assembled....maybe other than tank.

6. bwagner

bwagner New Member

For a front rim, both are comparable, but I'd never go back to a rhyno loite in the rear. Personally I like my alex rims far more than anything I've ever used from Sun. I'm running a dm24 up front, and a dx32 in the rear, pretty much the run-o-the mill trials set up for those that prefer the wider rims thing. I think the sidewall on the dm24 are a little thicker than a rhyno. Also, the dm is a bit cheaper I think, and a few millimeters wider too.

7. oicdn

oicdn Guest

The DM24 has a 24mm width and the rhynolite a 27, and the XL a 29....it's all just from memory, so I'm prolly off a couple MM, but I think that's right. I know when I was looking though, the Rhynolite was the wider of the two....

8. stocktrials

stocktrials Mitch.

I ran a Rhyno Lite before, now run an Echo drilled front rim (basically a DM24). I like it better

oicdn- I thought the DM24 was wider?? I looked at both before I swapped them over

9. bwagner

bwagner New Member

Actually , when measured with a vernier caliper five mintues ago, the DM24 has 31.4 millimter width, and the rhyno lite(reg) has 29.7 unground, I don't have an XL rhyno lite here to measure, but it's specs are 29 on the Sun website, not that either of these sizes are too different from each other, but just wanted to set the record straight. It pretty much boils down to prefferrence and availability. And price of course

10. Rob.K

Rob.K Guest

The Dm24 is 32mm wide and is a stronger better made and nicer looking wheel that a ryhnolite.

Go for the DM24 it's wider and just plain better.

11. xxxfr

xxxfr RCP FABRICATION

yea the dm24 is a few mm wider, i prefer alex rims, although the guy i work w/ thinks alex is junk.....its all a matter of opinion, i run dx32 rear and a drilled dx32 front.... no complaints

12. KeepRollin

KeepRollin New Member

I have blasted the shit out of my Rhyno-lite xl that's on the front of my bike. (A couple nasty falls) and it is true as ever. I found it quite amazing. As said before, the DM24 is wider and by that tolken is better. The xl would hardly be a bad decision in my opinion

13. Vox

Vox Guest

run at drilled dm24 on front and drilled dx32 on rear.

14. aj2four0

aj2four0 New Member

just got a rhinolite

stay with alex rims... the rhinolite has about the worst braking surface known to man.. iwant to break it.. in a thousand little pieces.. and get my 50 bucks i spent on this stupid front wheel back... *sigh

15. ONLY

ONLY New Member

go for drilled dx32 on front, do big holes, and drill braking surface too, will be very nice looking front wheel

16. chronic

chronic Dungeonmaster's Guide

I have a drilled out rhyno lite on the front. Works fine, I have a disk on the front as well so I dont suffer from these apparent rim braking defects. I like it, I'll probably mangle the drilled out dx-32 on the rear before the rhyno goes kapoots.

17. klophaus

klophaus Guest

The rhynolite stays very true for what I do. Can't compare it to much else but just chiming in that the braking surface is really bad unground, I wouldn't buy another.