Observed Trials banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put SRAM centerline 180mm discs on, and SRAM Code R brakes. I did several minutes of riding while dragging the brakes. I hosed them off and rode more with dragging the brake. I did this 3 or 4 times. I have noticed the brakes grab quicker and hold better if I put water on the pads before riding. Is this normal? I believe the brakes came with sintered pads but not 100% sure. What is recommended type of pads to run with disc brakes nowadays.
I have been away from biking for about 8 years now. Mostly used rim brakes in the past.

Regards,
Dabbill

·
tda
1,378 Posts
Folks use trialtech or jitsie pads, basically the same, unsure if they make for sram!!

·
tda
1,378 Posts
Organic or Metallic? I think mine are sintered but not 100% sure.
Absolutely no clue. They are nothing like any mountain bike pads. You would not want to ride them on trails. Imagine a ground rim vs an unground rim... they are incredible, insane bite.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Absolutely no clue. They are nothing like any mountain bike pads. You would not want to ride them on trails. Imagine a ground rim vs an unground rim... they are incredible, insane bite.
I picked up a set of organic pads couple days ago. Now my tire is slipping off before the brakes slip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts