Dirt jumper frames?

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by tda, Nov 26, 2020.

1. tda

tda tda

I used to love my planet X jack flash frame. I think it was sold as a dual slalom frame back in the day, I would love to find something similar. Any ideas ? Everything seems to be wheel sizes I don’t understand and I will never go away from 26. It manualed for miles, that is all i want.. bunnyhop so nice. long chainstay, low bb?

2. Swoofty

Swoofty Active Member

Check out whatever James Barton is riding. He's doing pretty well on it, but I think it was really expensive. Just order what you want from Scorpio.

3. tda

tda tda

for sure. I can’t wrap my head around the prices of mountain bikes these days. I ride past $6,000 bikes owned by beginners on my barely held together $100 20 year old mtb. I remember frames could be had for $2-400... same for forks.

Someones gotta be holding a px jack flash in their basement...

4. onto1wheel

onto1wheel Member

haha, i've been meaning to sign on for the last week to say: hey, i got one of those in my basement! willing to part with it!
    My original jack flash (more trials worthy) was stolen long ago, and I replaced it with this one (new). It's white, gots a logo of a dirt jumper on it, sound familiar? I can send pics if you want. Complete bike. Talk to me if interested

5. onto1wheel

onto1wheel Member

now that memory returns, it was my zebdi got stolen, bought a second new zebdi, then bought this frame new and swapped things out. not that it matters... just driving up the post count here on OTN!

tda likes this.
  6. Swoofty

Swoofty Active Member

My first was a Zebdi too and it also got stolen. Didn't turn out too badly bc I got a better bike after that. Never rode a Jack Flash.

tda likes this.
  7. tda

tda tda

I had a jackflash before my zebdi days, got to say I hated how the zebdi rode!! Thanks for the offer tho appreciate it

8. onto1wheel

onto1wheel Member

My long response mighta been kinda confusing, but I do have a jackflash i'm willing to sell. In Santa Cruz

9. tda

tda tda

If only I still lived in LA and made city money, would be a good road trip ! hunting for frame only, I don’t recognize those graphics any idea what year that is ?

10. onto1wheel

onto1wheel Member

I bought it new in 2007. I think it was a leftover at that point.

I've been thinking about converting it to the perfect wheelie set-up so maybe I can finally learn to manual (wheelies are easy now). Maybe that's what i'll do with it

tda likes this.