Dire Emergency: need king axle/new wheel this weekend!

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by Pancho, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Pancho

Pancho Member

I just smashed my king axle a day or two ago, and that was all fine and dandy, but I just found out that I have demos to do this weekend, and no rear wheel. I'm VERY desperate to find either a replacement axle (bolt on, fun bolts, quick release, anything) or a new hub, or a wheel. I'll come get it where ever you are in colorado, or pay for overnight or anything. I'll buy it, or rent it, what ever it takes to get my bike riding by saturday!

Chris King is out for 6 to 8 weeks, and it doesn't seem like any of the shops have the part...

2. Elan

Elan steve french

go buy a new hub doode!

3. Sonic

Sonic Plaid, I have not gone.

Not in dire need like Pancho, but same here, this CK situation with Webcyclery and then CK being so behind on parts anyway is frustrating.

4. Pancho

Pancho Member

Thats my worst case, but hopefully I can find some thing used, or somebody will let me rent something for like $40...

5. Elan

Elan steve french

ah... $40 sounds good. come get it, but you will probably want5 to grind it... and then you can fuck up the rim as you wish, it has a slight wobble... but for $40, i could get a new rim too! but hopefully you will be able to find a better solution... lemme know.

6. Elan

Elan steve french

oh, btw...i have an extra adaptor for the HD axle if thats waht you broke... not sure... ???

7. Sonic

Sonic Plaid, I have not gone.

I need a HD axle!!!

PMing you about it.

8. Pancho

Pancho Member

Ok, I think I have several plans, so no worries at this point. King is shipping me a regular axle that will be here friday, and there's a chance I might have a bolt on HD axle machined for me here in town. Thanks tho...

9. BBZ2

BBZ2 Member

Pancho,

If that falls through, I am not ridding my rear wheel and you are welcome to borrow it..J

10. Jim Leech

Jim Leech Guest

Pancho,

You can borrow my wheel if you need to.

King, Michelin, yada yada

Let me know.