did giacomo REALLY win???

Discussion in 'Observed Trials Discussion' started by cck, Mar 4, 2004.

1. cck

cck Member

for all y'all who got paradise found directors cut, go to 43 min and 45 seconds in the worlds footage. hmmmmmm, i think gicaomo's axel might have crossed the tape. hard to tell, bad angle. if it did, thats a 5 and Cassio would have won words. dont get me wrong, cous is the man... probably my trials idol. but whats up with the judging. do you think it should be harsher? how can these little things be prevented???

edit: for those of you who dont got the vid, first of all BUY IT NOW from kevin (whiteravenKS) and second, i'll try and get a pic of what i'm talking about

2. [BMF] Chris

[BMF] Chris GTA MUTHER FUCKER!

i was there, he did get a 5, and the entire french team jumped the barriers and tried to kick the judges ass, it was very funny........

3. sebLG

sebLG New Member

hahahahahaha! thats too good! real sportsmanship, trials style. :ugh2: :greddy: ... hmmm, i wouldnt mind one of those videos.

4. hydroboy

hydroboy "Jak se mas"

is that the hook to rear bit, cause i know he fived that.

5. trialscoach

trialscoach Member

Giacomo is standing next to me and says he took a five there.

6. Justin.L

Justin.L Guest

can he speak english?

7. trialscoach

trialscoach Member

Yes, Giacomo speaks only english to us, Gilles only speaks english in trials terms.

8. Justin.L

Justin.L Guest

hahahha sweet. only in trials terms.lol

9. Fast Fashion

Fast Fashion Youth in Asia?

if i was in france i wouldn't touch a bike. go eat/drink the best food/wine in the world for christs sake.

10. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

cam- i forgot what scene you're talking about but i saw quite a few questionable calls and a couple of totally missed calls at worlds.

are you riding with jaco? what's this i hear about?

11. smudge

smudge Central Scrrrrrrrutinizer

12. WhiteRavenKS

no human is perfect- some judges are super strict, some are a little more loose on their calls.

at least it's not a biu event where spanish and japanese riders get to ride by a completely different set of rules.

13. jimmybikes

jimmybikes New Member

sumdge, if you think I don't like the judging, at Mo.... you missed something, it doesn't matter what I think but rather what the riders think, I was just the one that said something, because I hope things will change.

On the other hand, your comment was a great little jab, and I thought it was funny!

But the point is and I think everyone knows it, people make mistakes at judging, and there is nothing wrong with that, but if the whole system is out of whack, something is wrong with that.

The question is does trails in the US want to be well ran events, where everyone is treated fairly, or just back yard style events, where anything goes.

Does anyone believe the judging at Mo...is equal to the judging at the Worlds? I doubt it, but maybe they do.

I have been to the World Championships and I thought the judging on the whole was very good.

Jim VanSchoonhoven

14. cck

cck Member

ok, its the section thats all concrete pipes, he drops off one, right before the last move, (pyramid of concrete tubes) but his axel looks like it crosses the line. but i guess he took the five so it dont matter.

15. WhiteRavenKS

your axle crossing the tape is the hardest call to make with uci stuff. it may have been close- it may have been over. the video may have also had something to do with it as well. the thing about the uci judges is they are consistant. they dont make a call for one rider and then not for another from some different country. everyone dropped way close on that move. the blatant crosses were called- the tight ones were not. ifjaco didnt get called then kenny didnt either- that sort of thing not like biu where some japanese guy gets marked a clean when he had a 3 and some one else gets marked a five for something he didnt do.