desalvo cycles

Discussion in 'The Gutter' started by Justr1ght, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Justr1ght

Justr1ght Guest

desalvo cycles...
    on there web site I don't see any trials bikes but they sell them all over the internet...
    I was thinking I could maybe go by there and talk with them...
    I live about a mile from there home base.../
    How are they has anybody rode them...
    I know sombody that knows the guy that runs the place so I can get them cheaper then what they are sold for on the net...
    Eric aka..Red

2. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Well-Known Member

them = mike desalvo. one man company.

i have had 4 of them. they are nice. drop by and talk with him. he's a super nice guy and will make something that will make you happy for a long time.

3. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

You sure are a curios chap.....You will get many replies for this one ...
    White RavenKS aka Kevin Sherimizu a highly ranked junior rider and producer of many fine CO trials videos ,along with Jeremy VanSchoonhoven a much higher ranked rider ,both ride the new model
    frame from DeSalvo. It is loved better than the XTP by both riders but not loved as much as the Coustellier.The paint is usually an impeccable piece of art done right here in Colorado Springs by Spectrum Powdercoat.They did the bassboat paint on the old schwinn homegrowns ,and the pimp Yello rock shox dukes.They are probably the best price/quality/weight
    frame available but still wil run ya about 700 bones. the one at web cyclery is the old model ,good but not best.Frame geometry has really changed in the last two years .Depending on your skill level, this can mean nothing at the beginning stages ,or really hold you back at a pro level.
    You've definately come to a good forum ,we will flame you and humiliate you, and educate you like no other forum can!

4. afrobot

afrobot Aluminum is for recycling

Derrr.. that was teh be eh pryve messege.

5. oicdn

oicdn Guest

LOL! What?

6. Justr1ght

Justr1ght Guest

Nice thanx... I just found out from a friend of mine that those bikes where made right in ashland..

7. warpig

warpig Guest

What happened to the 'limited production run' that was being pondered? Not enough interest I presume?